Biden says Palin a Step Back For Women

This is the place for discussion of topics specifically addressing the 2008 federal elections.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
lawrnk
Posts in topic: 1

Post by lawrnk »

Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA

HighVelocity

Re: Biden says Palin a Step Back For Women

Post by HighVelocity »

Right out of the gate, Biden says "I assume" she thinks...

Glad to see Biden brought his own shovel. :roll:
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

I hope he remembers that statement this fall when he has to "step back" and watch a "woman" go to work!

McCain never was my "first pick"... but the ticket is a bit more palatable with the SarahCuda on board.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

John

Post by John »

And at the same time they are calling the republicans shameless. Today Obama pretty much called Palin "lipstick on a pig" http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/ ... a_pig.html in an apparent reference to her RNC acceptance speech about lipstick being the only difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull.

Here is another article with two references to lipstick and lipstick on a pig. http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/ ... a_pig.html

In the same article, Obama calls Palin a "moose shooter". "rlol" i guess Obama finds moose shooting to be distasteful. It's starting to sound as though they do not care much for Palin.
JohnC

gmckinl

Post by gmckinl »

Better to be a moose shooter than a bull shooter :rolll
NRA Life Member

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -- Thomas Jefferson

Vic303

Post by Vic303 »

The McCain/Palin Lipstick campaign ad is already out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZd_Y_D-RaA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As for what Biden thinks, well it just goes to show how disconnected he is to even the screaming Liberal Left Feminist movement...Paglia even believes the Palin choice was a major step forward for women!
http://www.salon.com/opinion/paglia/2008/09/10/palin/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CompVest

Post by CompVest »

I think the women will decide this one!
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

Folks are running scared now. The gap has pretty-much disappeared.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

CompVest wrote:I think the women will decide this one!
I certainly hope so.

Up to this point, a lot of women have supported Hillary just because she is a woman. This is not a reason to vote for a person and is the same as voting for Barry because he is black.

I was hoping for McCain to pick Palin long ago when I first heard of her and her accomplishments in Alaska.

Anygun was doing his Snoopy happy dance when he heard the news.

The Good ol' boys in DC need to have their clock cleaned by Sarah.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Even self-avowed liberal feminist lesbian Camille Paglia thinks that Palin is a step forward for women and that the dems are making a major blunder by attacking Palin. Paglia also thinks that true feminism transcends party ideology, and that the dems are betraying feminism by ganging up on Palin.

Interesting viewpoint from a person with whom I normally never agree.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

bdickens

Post by bdickens »

Biden is a step back for erect hominids.
Byron Dickens

The Annoyed Man

And now, South Carolina Democratic chairwoman Carol Fowler sharply attacked Sarah Palin today, saying John McCain had chosen a running mate " whose primary qualification seems to be that she hasn’t had an abortion.” If I were the McCain/Palin campaign director, I would have my candidates respond with the fact that Obama hasn't ever had one either, thus how can he be qualified for the presidency?

What idiots.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

bdickens wrote:Biden is a step back for erect hominids.
NICE!! "rlol"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

And NOW....

TROOPERGATE: MEET THE INVESTIGATORS
The other day, I wrote a post about the phony inquiry being staged by Alaska Democrats concerning Governor Palin’s sacking of recalcitrant underling Walt Monegan.

For anyone doubting that this whole ”investigation” is a partisan scam cooked up by a bunch of good-old-boy political hacks, here’s a smoking gun from the Obama-Biden campaign web site:

The man overseeing the “investigation,” Sen. Hollis French, is the bald guy near the back (fifth from left, by the Obama ‘08 posters). Any doubts about this hack’s objectivity yet?

Well, it gets better. Last week, for obvious reasons, Rep. John Coghill asked the Alaska Legislative Council to remove French from the probe. Coghill’s request was rejected:
On Monday, the head of the Legislative Council turned down his request. Democratic Sen. Kim Elton responded that he is sure that partisan politics can be kept out of the probe.
You know what’s coming, right? Senator Elton is also in the picture. He’s the tall bearded guy on the far left (ahem) of the photo. His Alaska State Legislature web page can be found here.

So, there it is. The guy overseeing the troopergate ”investigation” and the man charged with keeping him honest are both proud Obama partisans. If ever there was a put up job, folks, this is it.

Meanwhile, just in case French and Elton need some help ginning up October surprises, the Dems have sent a small army of oppo research creeps to drill for dirt. What could make anyone vote for such people?

UPDATE:

Even Mike Gravel understands that troopergate is a sham. Hot Air has a video/audio of him saying what every honest observer in possession of the facts has said:
“Troopergate” is going to come out in [Palin’s] favor … This trooper should have been fired … This is a guy that shouldn’t be wearing a badge, not when he threatens people’s lives. … Did they have to wait ’til he killed somebody before they got rid of him?
Good Question.
For those who don't know, Mike Gravel is a former senator from Alaska, and an ardent Democrat who disagrees with most of Palin's policies. He is also a decent man who insisted to the extremely biased reporters interviewing him that they had better find ways to go after Palin on the merits of her positions and quit the salacious and wandering arguments which simply backfire and make them look like fools. He rose a notch in my estimation after that. The linked video is well worth watching.

#TINVOWOOT

ScubaSigGuy

Post by ScubaSigGuy »

As I was out running errands today it seemed like everwhere I went I overheard someone talking about how Obama just blew it with his latest comments on Palin. I hope these folks don't have a short memory come November.
S.S.G.

"A champion doesn’t become a champion in the ring. He is merely recognized in the ring.The ‘becoming’ happens during his daily routine." Joe Louis

NRA MEMBER

Return to “Federal - 2008”