Obama's backers' agenda is showing

This is the place for discussion of topics specifically addressing the 2008 federal elections.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
jimlongley
Posts in topic: 2

Obama's backers' agenda is showing

Post by jimlongley »

To the Dallas Morning News referencing a quote in this morning's article "Obama backers realize the limits" by tgillman@dallasnews.com

"No one is hunting deer on K Street, . . ."

So there we have it, among other statements revealing a dichotomy between what the candidate is saying and his backers are expecting.

Even though Obama has promised he won't touch law abiding citizens' guns, his backers expect him to put people on the Supreme Court who will re-implement the draconian and un-Constitutional anti-rights gun laws in our nation's capital, gun laws that have been shown to be quite impotent for their espoused purpose of controlling crime, so that the common, law abiding, citizen will once again have no protection against criminal predators who will not obey the law. Of course if SCOTUS does it, then Obama can disclaim responsibility.

And why does this worry me, because that same court could as easily implement the same policies anywhere in our land, anywhere, not by legislation, but by judicial fiat, with Hilly Clinton and Chucky Schumer sitting on the high bench forcing their agendas down the populace's throats without so much as a legislative peep. First it will be "Assault Weapons" (anything that looks nasty, which might include all guns to begin with) and then it will be "sniper rifles" (including your favorite deer gun) and then .50 caliber rifles (including that old .57 caliber family relic from the civil war) and then .22s (because everyone knows from reading novels that they are favorite assassination weapons) and pretty soon they'll all be gone, but crime will have gone up, and the reaction will be "Sorry, we were wrong, let's outlaw knives now, too." Look to England for confirmation of that.

If you are an Obama supporter and a gun owner, you are putting yourself in harm's way. Every gun owner in this nation needs to be worried, very very worried, and see to it that Obama is not elected.

Remember well the words of Martin Niemoller: "First they came for . . .And when they came for me, there was no one left to speak out for me." - "I am paying for that mistake now; and not me alone, but thousands of other persons like me."

You could be next.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Topic author
jimlongley
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Obama's backers' agenda is showing

Post by jimlongley »

BTW, I have been merrily spamming the above to newspapers across the country, anyone who wants to join me in this enterprise is welcome to do the same, this is word that I feel must get out.

Copy it and paste it into a letters to the editor submission and call yourself the author, I don't care, it's the message that's important.

I have covered all of the NY city and Long Island papers, plus many of the larger upstate rags, upstate Illinois, Houston (x2) Fort Worth, Omaha, Billings MT, and my fingers are getting tired.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Return to “Federal - 2008”