Rifles are better than handguns in a firefight

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Paladin
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Rifles are better than handguns in a firefight

Post by Paladin »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:44 pm This was an obvious gangland hit, and there likely will be reprisal killings. Everyone who abuses drugs enables this stuff.
:iagree:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:22 pm
ScottDLS wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:03 pm
eyedoc wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:59 pm
dlh wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:24 pm One or two of the handguns appeared to be firing on automatic.
The down comments to the video mentioned "switches" and I assume they are talking about those
illegal devices made in China. Hopefully those do not make it into the USA.
Chicago and Houston are dangerous enough.
They convert Glocks to Auto and are available mail order from China. You can even 3D print them. They are here.
They're clearly in US territories now... :???:
I think someone even posted a link to a site selling them on the Houston thread about this. Didn't someone in here say they were technically legal?
The ATF does not believe so and their opinion is the one that matters most.

Honestly the device for the Glock doesn't look much more complicated than a lightning link for the AR. I'm sure any machinist could do it.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

cirus
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cirus »

philip964 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:11 pm BTW Puerto Rico has strict gun laws and is a island.
Yeah so do most liberal cesspools here in the US. Gun laws are for average citizens. Outlaws don't ibide by laws. Maybe those morons in government will figure it out one day.

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ScottDLS »

philip964 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:11 pm BTW Puerto Rico has strict gun laws and is a island.
Actually, due to Heller and some following federal court decisions, PR is now a shall issue jurisdiction and actually has a mechanism for reciprocity.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 7

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

So! Is this modification illegal? It sure seems like it would be.

eyedoc

Post by eyedoc »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:39 pm So! Is this modification illegal? It sure seems like it would be.
It is illegal. I have heard of people being raided for buying the switch online.

03Lightningrocks

eyedoc wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:18 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:39 pm So! Is this modification illegal? It sure seems like it would be.
It is illegal. I have heard of people being raided for buying the switch online.
I hate to sound even a little bit anti gun but have to admit that maybe such a mod should require a special NFA of some kind. It is a little worrisome that those things are getting in the hands of street thugs. Thugs already kill too many innocent bystanders in their gang wars.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:22 pm
I hate to sound even a little bit anti gun but have to admit that maybe such a mod should require a special NFA of some kind. It is a little worrisome that those things are getting in the hands of street thugs. Thugs already kill too many innocent bystanders in their gang wars.
In 2021 the leftists prefer not to keep violent felons in prison. Project Exile works to keep communities safe, but the leftists prefer violent crime

03Lightningrocks

Paladin wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:51 pm
In 2021 the leftists prefer not to keep violent felons in prison. Project Exile works to keep communities safe, but the leftists prefer violent crime
Sad state of afairs! Most of the increase in violence is perpetuated by multiple offenders who shouldn't even be on the street. That one Ding A Ling,( forgot her name) actually said we should close all the federal prisons. What in the heck is wrong with these morons?

eyedoc

Post by eyedoc »

It is illegal. No NFA possible.

03Lightningrocks

eyedoc wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:02 pm
Honestly, good. But it sure doesn't seem to be keeping it away from criminal thugs.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:04 pm
Honestly, good. But it sure doesn't seem to be keeping it away from criminal thugs.
Gun control is only keeping these devices out of the hands of law abiding citizens.

If they want to give these violent felons 30 years for using machine-guns in this kind of gangland shooting that's great. I have no issues with that. But 4 murders should net the offenders even more time in prison.

eyedoc

Post by eyedoc »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:04 pm
When have gun laws ever disarmed the criminals? For some reason, they ignore the laws. Only honest citizens obey the laws.

mayor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mayor »

Paladin wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:12 pm If they want to give these violent felons 30 years for using machine-guns in this kind of gangland shooting that's great. I have no issues with that. But 4 murders should net the offenders even more time in prison.
I disagree. They should spend the minimal amount of time possible in prison prior to meeting their Maker, face to face.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

mayor wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:17 am
Paladin wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:12 pm If they want to give these violent felons 30 years for using machine-guns in this kind of gangland shooting that's great. I have no issues with that. But 4 murders should net the offenders even more time in prison.
I disagree. They should spend the minimal amount of time possible in prison prior to meeting their Maker, face to face.
That would cut down on recidivism! :cheers2:

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”