My new Ishapore Enfield 2A rebuild

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Shiner Bock
Posts in topic: 1

Re: My new Ishapore Enfield 2A rebuild

Post by Shiner Bock »

Have you located a good source for a proper sling?

Weg
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Weg »

Yes, I butchered them and cut them down to 17" and 18" . Then I "customized" the stocks, and glass bedded them. They are slightly more accurate, but best of all, they no longer string groups as they warm up. I've been shooting 7.62 S. African ball in them ( got it at AIM ) and getting about 3-4" groups at 100 yds. The other one has a synthetic stock on it, but It's just too long. Cutting them down really makes them more handy IMO. I bought all three of them in 2000 for $225.00. One point about the whole 7.62 vs. .308 being different thing. I shot one round of .308 in one of them one day, and literally had to kick the bolt open to get it out of the chamber. The case showed no visible signs of excess pressure ( i.e. flat primer, neck stretching ect. ) but I won't be doing that again. On the other side, all i've ever shot in my M1A chambered for .308 is 7.62, over 1,500 rds. fired and i've never had a problem. :banghead: :banghead:

Weg

Post by Weg »

I forgot to also add that the make great behind the seat guns.

Topic author
WarHawk-AVG
Posts in topic: 7

Post by WarHawk-AVG »

Shiner Bock wrote:Have you located a good source for a proper sling?
If anyone knows...please...let me know as well!
A sheepdog says "I will lead the way. I will set the highest standards. ...Your mission is to man the ramparts in this dark and desperate hour with honor and courage." - Lt. Col. Grossman
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’ - Edmond Burke

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

WarHawk-AVG wrote:
http://www.ima-usa.com/product_info.php ... cts_id/152" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

Weg wrote:Yes, I butchered them and cut them down to 17" and 18" . Then I "customized" the stocks, and glass bedded them.
Hey, I absolutely support the right of anyone to do as he wishes with his own guns, but I do like to inform people about the options.

In this case, the option would have been auctioning off the furniture and using the money to buy a synthetic stock with money left over.

This is the very definition of a "Budda'd up Enfield": take a $200 rifle and "customize" it until it's worth $50-75.

It's okay, every Bubba'd rifle makes mine worth more.

Topic author
WarHawk-AVG
Posts in topic: 7

Post by WarHawk-AVG »

KBCraig wrote:
WarHawk-AVG wrote:
http://www.ima-usa.com/product_info.php ... cts_id/152" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Actually I found a site that sells Ishapore slings for $19.95
http://www.hunterslodge.com/FullPageAd.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A sheepdog says "I will lead the way. I will set the highest standards. ...Your mission is to man the ramparts in this dark and desperate hour with honor and courage." - Lt. Col. Grossman
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’ - Edmond Burke

boomerang
Posts in topic: 1

Post by boomerang »

KBCraig wrote:This is the very definition of a "Budda'd up Enfield": take a $200 rifle and "customize" it until it's worth $50-75.
They do it to Harleys too.
:leaving
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

Weg

Post by Weg »

This is the very definition of a "Budda'd up Enfield": take a $200 rifle and "customize" it until it's worth $50-75.

I love my bubba guns! :cheers2: Two cheers!

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”