Tactical Shotgun (FN TPS abbreviated Range Report)

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Tactical_Texan_CHL
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Tactical Shotgun Recommendations

Post by Tactical_Texan_CHL »

Thanks M9, that's a nice looking shotgun you got there! ;-) DoubleAction, we can't wait for the range report. I think CompVest REALLY likes it! :thumbs2: Kinny, nice collection.
TacTex
NRA Life Member

Topic author
DoubleActionCHL
Posts in topic: 6

Post by DoubleActionCHL »

Tactical_Texan_CHL wrote:Thanks M9, that's a nice looking shotgun you got there! ;-) DoubleAction, we can't wait for the range report. I think CompVest REALLY likes it! :thumbs2: Kinny, nice collection.
I picked it up last week, but haven't had a chance to take it for a spin. I'm hoping for a little trip up to Brenham this weekend to put it though its paces.

http://www.doubleactionchl.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Houston, Texas

"Excuses are for tombstones. Get back in the fight."
--Me

Tactical_Texan_CHL
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Tactical_Texan_CHL »

Cool. I saw your pic in another thread. Can't wait to hear how she shoots for ya!
TacTex
NRA Life Member

Topic author
DoubleActionCHL
Posts in topic: 6

Post by DoubleActionCHL »

RANGE REPORT!

I took the TPS out to Brenham this weekend. Unfortunately, I didn't have a lot of time to shoot it, but I did get a chance to sight it in and try a few different types of rounds.

The TPS is light, the action is smooth, loading is easy and it holds 8 rounds out of the box. I'm using the original iron peephole sights. I've never been really good with peephole sights, but I managed to zero the TPS at 50 yards in 5 rounds. Just a few clicks to the left and a couple of clicks up and I was on target. Yes, it's shooting about an inch low at 50 yards, but I can live with that.

I zeroed it using Remington 'Slugger' 12 gauge rifled 1 oz slugs. As you can see these leave quite a hole! I'm glad I got it zeroed so quickly, because the TPS kicks like a rented mule!

I played around with bird shot (because it's cheap) and found that close range sight acquisition is quick and aiming is very natural shooting from the hip.

Here are two shots of my 50 yard sighting target. These were the first 5 rounds shot from the TPS.

http://www.doubleactionchl.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Houston, Texas

"Excuses are for tombstones. Get back in the fight."
--Me

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”