Yildiz Shotguns

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
aggie06
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Yildiz Shotguns

Post by aggie06 »

I got a call from Academy saying it was back and ready to be picked up. The guy couldn't tell me what they had to do to it, so I guess I'll need to call Briley to figure that out. I'll let everyone know how it is working once I get a chance to get out to the range. Unfortunately, that might be a while because of my work schedule for the next few months.

Larry
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Larry »

I own a Yildiz 12 Ga and I really enjoy shooting and handling this shotgun. I have had mine for 4 Yrs and have had no problems. I had my gunsmith put a better pad and made all the difference how it handles. I feel it is worth the 400 dollars. I really like the wood. Every gun has a different wood pattern very beautiful. A few of my hunting buds have purchased and really like.

Topic author
aggie06
Posts in topic: 8

Post by aggie06 »

Went to the range this week and the first two shells failed to eject. Didn't have any issues after that.

blackdog8200
Posts in topic: 2

Post by blackdog8200 »

aggie06 wrote:Went to the range this week and the first two shells failed to eject. Didn't have any issues after that.
My experience has been the cheap Winchester / Federal stuff you can buy at Wally World stick now and again. The sthin steel cases swell up I guess.

Rio's NEVER stick. :anamatedbanana They are brass coated steel cased.......

I even have the "fast steel" winchesters stick so the Academy goober is just putting you off. :banghead:

We have two of the Yildez and they both respond the same to the cheaper ammo.
Harris County
NRA Life Member 1986

LeonCarr

Post by LeonCarr »

Forum member Greybeard has a Yildiz 20 gauge, and it is a dream to shoot. 3 inch magnum number two buckshot fired at 50 feet on a B-27 hit exactly at point of aim (X-Ring), and would also stack slugs on top of each other at that distance.

A nice shotgun.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

HappyYildizOwner

Post by HappyYildizOwner »

I just picked up a 20 gauge o/u yesterday for a skeet shoot. 100 rounds through without a single problem. Great pattern and a joy to shoot. From the first shot, each and every shell ejected 3 feet over my right shoulder. If there were a bucket behind me, they'd have been disposed of properly.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

HappyYildizOwner wrote:I just picked up a 20 gauge o/u yesterday for a skeet shoot. 100 rounds through without a single problem. Great pattern and a joy to shoot. From the first shot, each and every shell ejected 3 feet over my right shoulder. If there were a bucket behind me, they'd have been disposed of properly.
Well that's a handy piece of thread necromancy! LOL. I bought my wife one of these for skeet a few years ago. She had to give skeet up for a while because she needed rotator cuff surgery, and now that she's had the surgery, she hasn't gone back out yet. But she did enjoy the gun, and it is light and shoots well. For the price, it was a decent little shotgun.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

aggie06 wrote:
It ate everything I fed it. I didn't have any shells not fire, and I shot 4 boxes of different brands. The one complaint I had was the ejectors. On 3 different occasions, the spent shells did not eject. The ejectors did not come out of the barrels. If this continues to happen after cleaning and oiling, I might have to send the gun back to the manufacturer to fix it.

So, overall I was pretty impressed with the gun. It will definitely be my primary dove gun this year, but it's much too nice to carry into the pond come duck season.
Same experience with my Brothers shotgun. Nice fit and finish, recoil not bad. Action was a little tight but will probably break in with use. Had some failures to eject. He says that has gotten better with use and he doesn't plan to send it back. I didn't like that it automatically resets the safety each time the action is open and closed, but the feel of the shotgun and performance were good.

I was impressed overall with the package, it seems to be a very good value.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”