Bump-fire AR15 stock...

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Carry-a-Kimber
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Bump-fire AR15 stock...

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

The Akin's Accelerator was a stock out a few years back for the 10/22 that did the same thing. It was on the market for a few years, then the ATF decided it ws illegal, even though it did not change the fire control mechanism, only the way the recoil was absorbed and used to help facilitate rapid fire. I would not buy one of these even if the ATF approves it. They approved the Akins Accelerator and later changed their mind. The ATF plays by their own rules.
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2007/dec/18 ... -him-ruin/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

I saw one seller at gun show and his said it is 100% legal with each stock sold he is including a letter from BATF that says it is legal.
For the record, i am not touching this thing!
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

i8godzilla

Post by i8godzilla »

Beiruty wrote:I saw one seller at gun show and his said it is 100% legal with each stock sold he is including a letter from BATF that says it is legal.
For the record, i am not touching this thing!
Wikipedia wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_Siege" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
David Koresh showed the county sheriff department a "Hellfire" device, a quick-firing trigger sold with an ATF letter that it is not a machinegun.
Did not seem to work out too well for him.
No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor. -- Murdock v. Pennsylvania
If the State converts a right into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right with impunity. -- Shuttleworth v. City of Birmingham

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

one wearing a cranial ornament made of tin foil might even say the ATF enjoys declaring things legal now just so they have an excuse to harass gun owners later....

TANSTAAFL

Bullwhip

Post by Bullwhip »

Beiruty wrote:I saw one seller at gun show and his said it is 100% legal with each stock sold he is including a letter from BATF that says it is legal.
Akins had the same letter. Legal until ATF said it wasn't.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Maybe worth having one and not mounting it, but burying it for the zombie apocalypse. But I sure wouldn't show up at a range with it in an age when the BATF throws you in prison for shooting an AR that has a non-duplicatable slam fire incident.

At my age and stage of debility, I'm not going to go assaulting into building. So aimed semi-auto fire is going to be far more effective for me.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

I've never been a fan of gimmick devices for firearms. If you want to shoot full auto, do it the right way, pay the money, get your legal paperwork and lots of ammo.
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

hirundo82

Post by hirundo82 »

HighVelocity wrote:I've never been a fan of gimmick devices for firearms. If you want to shoot full auto, do it the right way, pay the money, get your legal paperwork and lots of ammo.
+1 to that; the only devices like this that the ATF lets remain on the market are the ones that don't work.

When I have the money to get into FA goodies, my first purchase will probably be a registered AR-15 lower and a .22lr upper to go with it. That seems to be the best way to keep ammo prices reasonable.

Ameer

Post by Ameer »

HighVelocity wrote:I've never been a fan of gimmick devices for firearms. If you want to shoot full auto, do it the right way, pay the money, get your legal paperwork and lots of ammo.
Same as if you want to attend a Catholic church, except for the ammo?

When was "shall not be infringed" erased from the constitution?
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

I don't get the full auto fascination as well. Maybe it was because I shot a bunch of full auto in the military, but it is a huge waste of ammo and I'm not laying down suppressive fire anytime soon. I'll pass...
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

Bart

Post by Bart »

Like Sergeant-Major Plumley said in We Were Soldiers, "if the time comes I need one, there'll be plenty lying on the ground."
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”