Favorite a problem arises Weapons?

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Favorite a problem arises Weapons?

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Couldn't sleep, Skiprr? :mrgreen:

Excellent analysis, by the way.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Syntyr »

Skiprr wrote:
You have an EDC handgun, a carbine, a defensive shotgun, and a tactical handgun.

Now you need something that can reach out and touch something beyond 200 or 300 meters.

I love the .308 round (7.62x51mm NATO) because it’s effective, (was) relatively inexpensive, and (was) easy to find.

A Remington 700 is about as solid a choice as you can make.
Skiprr,

You read my mind
Current loadout
EDC Handgun - Springfield XD9 SubCompact -16+1 rounds of 9mm
Carbine - currently building my AR15 and maybe an AR57 but ammo is hard to find
Shotgun - Benelli M4 (Self Defense/Tactical)
Tactical Handgun - Springfield XDM .45

Planned addition
Long Distance - Remington 700 in 308. I have been going back and forth on this wondering if I should go up an pick up something in 338 LM. I would love to have the 338 and I am only going to be able to afford 1 long distance rifle... but the ammo is so expensive and the 308 probably shoots farther than I am capable of anyway...
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Couldn't sleep, Skiprr? :mrgreen:
Up really early. :shock:
Syntyr wrote:...But the ammo is so expensive and the 308 probably shoots farther than I am capable of anyway...
That would be me. As a first choice in rifle calibers, I lean toward common military rounds. Manufactured in large volumes and, hypothetically, much easier to find. Too, I'm no Chris Kyle. I took a deer several years ago at 300 yards, and that's about my practical maximum.

I'd love to have one of these: http://www.accuracyinternational.com/ax338.php. I think I'd rather have that bad boy in .338 Lapua even more than a .50 BMG. But the truth is, it would see very little use in my hands. Much as I'd like to have one, for me the money is better spent on more handguns and carbines. :mrgreen:
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

Skiprr wrote:
I'd love to have one of these: http://www.accuracyinternational.com/ax338.php. I think I'd rather have that bad boy in .338 Lapua even more than a .50 BMG. But the truth is, it would see very little use in my hands. Much as I'd like to have one, for me the money is better spent on more handguns and carbines. :mrgreen:
Ohhhhhh you had to go and show me that. I am not even going to look at the price. I like a nice under/over or SS shotgun with detailed wood furniture but there is nothing like the machine like precision of this EBR:

Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”