Featureless AR15 stock - Cali compliant

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Syntyr
Posts in topic: 1

Featureless AR15 stock - Cali compliant

Post by Syntyr »

I know this is a Texas board but we have some users who have said the live in the Peoples Republic of California. This is an interesting take on the butt stock for an AR15. It basically obviates the need for a pistol grip. Since you no longer have an AR15 that has a telescoping stock or a pistol grip you can now use regular removable magazines and not those stupid bullet button mags since you are down to one "feature". Plus they donate to calguns for every stock purchased to try and overturn the stupid laws. I think that's a lost cause... but they actually look nice and I thought everyone here would appreciate the ingenuity behind the design.

http://www.guns.com/2012/12/12/thordsen ... rnian-ars/
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

C-dub

Re: Featureless AR15 stock - Cali compliant

Post by C-dub »

IDK, it still has a barrel shroud. You know, that thingy that goes up on the shoulder? :lol:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

packa45

Post by packa45 »

Looks to be a thumb hole stock... Thought those were banned in Cali last I checked

*Edit. Never mind it's top is opened no its not a hole
Chl class for me and wife=$225. Chl application fees =$280. Chl gear for 2=more $ the previous. Moving from sheep to sheepdog = priceless

carrydave

Post by carrydave »

detachable magazine, would be illegal if they go through with a "one feature" law like NYSA

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

IF that is a muzzle suppressor on the barrel (hard to tell or maybe just cosmetics), coupled with the magazine that is already classified an AW under SB23 in CA. That grip is pushing it as well. However due to their new laws they are hosed.

JALLEN
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JALLEN »

There were all sorts of ideas floating around a few years ago when we figured out that the secret was the detachable magazine, released using a tool which included a bullet. There were a number of clever designs to get around the express requirements of the law, silly though they may be. Several number companies were launched to produce and market these designs, but Mr. Market finally boiled it all down to the bullet button seen on most of the so-called EBRs here.

One of the proposed new laws, I assume certain to pass, will impose a 5 cent tax on every component of a reloading process. One fellow reacted to say he would just pick a nice day and drive over to Yuma. I intend to drive over to Yuma one nice day with all my stash, and keep on going.

My sons and granddaughters will still live here. They are native San Diegans, impossible to move elsewhere, and I will visit periodically I suppose.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

JALLEN wrote:There were all sorts of ideas floating around a few years ago when we figured out that the secret was the detachable magazine, released using a tool which included a bullet. There were a number of clever designs to get around the express requirements of the law, silly though they may be. Several number companies were launched to produce and market these designs, but Mr. Market finally boiled it all down to the bullet button seen on most of the so-called EBRs here.

One of the proposed new laws, I assume certain to pass, will impose a 5 cent tax on every component of a reloading process. One fellow reacted to say he would just pick a nice day and drive over to Yuma. I intend to drive over to Yuma one nice day with all my stash, and keep on going.

My sons and granddaughters will still live here. They are native San Diegans, impossible to move elsewhere, and I will visit periodically I suppose.
My wife was a native San Diegan and she is now a proud gun toting Texan.

JALLEN
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JALLEN »

texanjoker wrote:
My wife was a native San Diegan and she is now a proud gun toting Texan.
Really? My first wife was, and when I tried to move her to Texas, she didn't like it. It was hot, it was cold, it rained, there were tornadoes, hurricanes, hail, bugs, no beaches, no mountains, people talked funny. That was Austin of the early 1970's, too! Her twin sister was forced for a time to move to Florida and it was a struggle too. Of course, they don't talk funny in Florida.

My present wife is French, and thinks everybody talks funny. She is used to all sorts of weather, and so far at least pretends to like the hill country where we are about to move, God willing.

A year or so from now, she'll be calling home "comment allez-vous-all?" :txflag:
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

That's not a bad compromise. If I ever move back to CA, I'll keep that in mind.
Psalm 91:2

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

JALLEN wrote:There were all sorts of ideas floating around a few years ago when we figured out that the secret was the detachable magazine, released using a tool which included a bullet. There were a number of clever designs to get around the express requirements of the law, silly though they may be. Several number companies were launched to produce and market these designs, but Mr. Market finally boiled it all down to the bullet button seen on most of the so-called EBRs here.

Tell them you can have reunions at the Cali/Az border.

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”