anybody see any Mini 30's

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
boxermoose
Posts in topic: 3

anybody see any Mini 30's

Post by boxermoose »

Looking for a Mini 30 - if anybody see's one at a half decent price (thinking Academy pricing, not Gander pricing), somewhere around Houston, I'd sure appreciate it

jmra
Posts in topic: 1

Re: anybody see any Mini 30's

Post by jmra »

Nope. Can't remember the last time I've seen one.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

RECIT

Post by RECIT »

There was a walnut and stainless model on texasguntrader.com last week. Can't remember the price though.
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

Topic author
boxermoose

Post by boxermoose »

RECIT wrote:There was a walnut and stainless model on texasguntrader.com last week. Can't remember the price though.
yup saw it - older 189 series in SA, thanks for looking!!!

Hoping to find something in the new series somewhere close to Houston

xb12s

Post by xb12s »

I was looking for one pretty rigorously in Houston over the last couple few years and never saw one until I gave up on it. I have seen 1 at Carter's Country since then and one at the GRB at a gunshow. Both were prior to Sandy Hook. You might call Carter's. They can check inventory across their few stores on the computer. Also, try Collector's Firearms on Richmond. If none of that works, you could find a local FFL that will order for you (or do an online purchase with delivery to local FFL). Good luck

ETA - the pricing won't be Academy level at either of the stores I mentioned. They are too scarce in my opinion to wait to find one for a good deal. I've not seen one in an Academy or Walmart and I checked there almost weekly for a looong time. Maybe you are more patient and persistent than I however...

ammoboy2

Post by ammoboy2 »

You might watch Summit they had some Mini-30 tacticals but of course out of stock at the moment.

Carry-a-Kimber

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

Carter's was Ruger's #1 dealer for 2012. If they don't have one they surely will order one. Probably wont get the best deal but they should be able to get one fairly quick.

Topic author
boxermoose

Post by boxermoose »

Carry-a-Kimber wrote:Carter's was Ruger's #1 dealer for 2012. If they don't have one they surely will order one. Probably wont get the best deal but they should be able to get one fairly quick.
Thanks - I did try them and they don't stock them in their system & didn't offer to order one in

I think for now the moment has passed...which usually means one will now turn up

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”