Joined the Mosin club

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Joined the Mosin club

Post by puma guy »

:iagree: Pretty cool!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Big Bronze Rim
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Big Bronze Rim »

Very nice. I personally like my mosins all original. They exude character and history and are lots of fun to shoot. To me that's lost when they get hacked or modded. With proper stock shimming like the Finns did they can be pretty accurate guns.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

AndyC wrote:Joined the Mosin Club
NRA Endowment Member

JSThane
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JSThane »

If it's a round receiver, I don't see anything wrong with dropping it into an ATI. I wouldn't do that myself, because ATI stocks are ugly, but round receivers are fairly common, so it's not as offensive. :biggrinjester:

Now, if you did that to an old M91, or a Finn M28, or one of the eighteen thousand collectable variants, there'd be something wrong, all right! :biggrinjester:

So, first Mosin, you say? Careful, they have a way of multiplying. My one Mosin 10 years ago transformed itself into about six or so.

They're good rifles, if a bit crude, and they'll always have a "soft spot" for me. Word of warning: take a 2x4 and a chiropractor to the range. :mrgreen:

sookandy

Post by sookandy »

I bought one like that a little over two years ago. Now I have 25. Carbines, 91s, Finns and other countries.
:thumbs2:

olafpfj

Post by olafpfj »

I'd love to do a "mosin day" or "milsurp day" at a range similar to knob creek machine gun shoot. I think it would be awesome to see an entire line of mosins or milsurps all spitting fire and brass. Garands, Enfields, Mausers, Mosins, Carcanos...wonder how many we could come up with?
"If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law." -Winston Churchill

JSThane
Banned

Post by JSThane »

olafpfj wrote:I'd love to do a "mosin day" or "milsurp day" at a range similar to knob creek machine gun shoot. I think it would be awesome to see an entire line of mosins or milsurps all spitting fire and brass. Garands, Enfields, Mausers, Mosins, Carcanos...wonder how many we could come up with?
Don't forget K31s, Steyr-Mannlichers, and Arisakas.

sookandy

Post by sookandy »

There is some good info here.
http://www.russian-mosin-nagant-forum.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And these are the best front sight tools.
http://elby.yolasite.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Reserve161

Post by Reserve161 »

Let's do a range day!! I have an M44 that I love to shoot!
PRIDE HONOR INTEGRITY

Big Bronze Rim
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Big Bronze Rim »

That's a great shooter. Very nice groups. I wouldn't do a think to it but shoot it a lot.

markthenewf

Post by markthenewf »

Dang, Andy, that's a good shooter. Maybe it's me sucking at using leaf sights, but I could never do better than 4-6MOA on a good day with the ones I've shot.

FWIW, the some find the ATI stock a bit more comfortable (longer length of pull and better cheek weld), but it only helped marginally with the accuracy. From what I see, you don't have a problem with that!

Sellier & Bellot sells brass-cased JSP ammo t(180 gr?). It's not cheap, but it spanked the spam can stuff, or at least it did in my previous Mosin.
Cheers!

Mark

airborned

Post by airborned »

Welcome to the club. Mine is a 1924 hex receiver. I got it for 40 bucks. The end of the barrel was rusted closed so i cut off about 3/4 of an inch and re crowned it. shoots like a champ. I love it and its pretty cheap to feed you just got to keep it clean. I clean mine with Windex and water then clean it with hoppes or whatever, lube it and then put it away. looks like you have a good shooter :thumbs2: Watch Iraqveteran888 on YouTube he has a ton of videos about the mosin and ways to mod or simply keep them clean.

lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

Love my carbine Mosin. Fun shooter! I put shoulder pad over the steel butt plate and with the added length and comfort of the soft rubber, shooting discomfort doesn't exist for me.

Even with my old eyes, on the 50 yard range at Elm Fork with open sights I could put them all in a 4 to 6 inch group. Impressed the heck out of my friend shooting his brand new AR right next to me. He said the concussion of the Mosin made his gun seem like a BB gun. :fire

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”