Savage Arms Axis 308

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 1

Savage Arms Axis 308

Post by Vol Texan »

Does anyone have any feedback on this? Seems like a good price, but is it a good value?
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Rugerboy50

Re: Savage Arms Axis 308

Post by Rugerboy50 »

Great value for the money.

I bought one in .223 and I'm very pleased with it.

Savage customers asked for a lesser price rifle that still delivered Savage quality and i think they nailed it.

I have a more expensive Savage that does get slightly better groups but all of my Axis groups have been more than kill zone acceptable for varmit and hog hunts

Now I need to find a hog hunt.

Cjwglock19

Post by Cjwglock19 »

I have one in .308, absolutely love it. Mounted with a Nikon pro staff, very accurate rifle. I have taken 7 whitetail deer last 3 seasons, always dropped them. Son shot a 240lb Sika from 125 and Layed him out.
"You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

- Clint Smith

Gunner4640

Post by Gunner4640 »

I just added this one to the collection. Savage 308 with Redfield revenge 3x9x42 accuranger scope. No range report yet but soon :cryin
new 308
new 308
Dave & Wife NRA Members
Too many guns to list> :lol::

jems101

Post by jems101 »

This Gun as I knew for the reputation of savage was amazing out of the box. I received this as a gift for Christmas it's beautiful and simple. A joy to shoot and own.
If you want it, come and get my united cutlery knife

jmra

Post by jmra »

jems101 wrote:This Gun as I knew for the reputation of savage was amazing out of the box. I received this as a gift for Christmas it's beautiful and simple. A joy to shoot and own.
Welcome to the forum
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Brandon33

Post by Brandon33 »

I loved mine before I sold it to fund another gun, the only issue is it doesn't like monarch steel cases ammo, the primers are too hard shoots on second shot and sometimes they stick but if you use hq ammo like Barnes you'll have a great time :fire

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”