Squirrels fair game with air rifles of .177 or greater.

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

ripnbst
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Squirrels fair game with air rifles of .177 or greater.

Post by ripnbst »

Is the use of a pellet gun inside city limits OK?

IE, does the use of the pellet gun get you around the "discharging a firearm within city limits" headache?

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

ripnbst wrote:Is the use of a pellet gun inside city limits OK?

IE, does the use of the pellet gun get you around the "discharging a firearm within city limits" headache?
Check your city ordinances for that answer. :tiphat:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

drjoker
Banned

Post by drjoker »

Deltaboy wrote:I will have to cook any I harvest cause the wife won't cook wild game.
Get a Traeger smoker/grill. Put bbq rub on it, skin it, de-bone it (for the wife), and then smoke it for 4 hours. Your wife won't eat it if it looks like a squirrel, but if it is just a piece of meat that doesn't look like anything (no bones, no skin, small pieces that have no discernable shape), then she'll eat it.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Yeah..... I've discussed it with my wife (which, in her book, means that I sought her permission) and she was not down with the idea. I've told her that when the zombies come, she'll be grateful for the protein, but she was not impressed. She says she has bubonic plague concerns.
:smilelol5:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

MeMelYup
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MeMelYup »

drjoker wrote:
Deltaboy wrote:I will have to cook any I harvest cause the wife won't cook wild game.
Get a Traeger smoker/grill. Put bbq rub on it, skin it, de-bone it (for the wife), and then smoke it for 4 hours. Your wife won't eat it if it looks like a squirrel, but if it is just a piece of meat that doesn't look like anything (no bones, no skin, small pieces that have no discernable shape), then she'll eat it.
Why do you put the BBQ rub on before you skin it?

Jim Beaux
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Jim Beaux »

MeMelYup wrote:
drjoker wrote:
Why do you put the BBQ rub on before you skin it?
I really dont wanna know! :nono:
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”