Looked at/shot a used UTAS 15 bullpup shotgun today

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
johncanfield
Posts in topic: 1

Looked at/shot a used UTAS 15 bullpup shotgun today

Post by johncanfield »

So there it was sitting on the counter of the gun range and I was immediately interested - it was so tactical-cool :coolgleamA: . Thought about it and did some research at lunch and went back to see if I could test fire it, sure - here's a few shells. Walked a short distance to the skeet/trap range and tried my best to load a shell and make it go bang - I managed after a frustrating five minutes of loading/ejecting unfired shells to actually make one of them go bang. I did read where the rate of movement of the pump action is very critical t0o make the gun run right and I obviously didn't break the code :headscratch . Didn't buy it.

Oh well...
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

RSJ
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Looked at/shot a used UTAS 15 bullpup shotgun today

Post by RSJ »

I have heard that this is a common issue. I've also heard mixed reviews about the KSG. I've noticed prices on the KSG have come wayyyyy down recently.

It is a great idea.... But my personal preference would be my 870 that is cheaper, more reliable, and still holds 6+1.
NRA Member

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”