AR build complete... What now?

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
lfinsr
Posts in topic: 7

Re: AR build complete... What now?

Post by lfinsr »

budroux2w wrote:
I picked up one of these from brownells and it made a considerable difference in recoil.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/re ... 57177.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That looks interesting. I would be nice to find something adjustable. Instead I got one of the Spikes ST-T2 buffers and a "blue" Sprinco spring. I'll take the new parts along with the standard spring/buffer and hopefully some combination of them has to work. Crossing my fingers...
My guns won't be illegal, they'll be undocumented. :thumbs2:

budroux2w
Posts in topic: 2

Post by budroux2w »

lfinsr wrote:
budroux2w wrote:
I picked up one of these from brownells and it made a considerable difference in recoil.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/re ... 57177.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That looks interesting. I would be nice to find something adjustable. Instead I got one of the Spikes ST-T2 buffers and a "blue" Sprinco spring. I'll take the new parts along with the standard spring/buffer and hopefully some combination of them has to work. Crossing my fingers...
Let me know how it works out for you. I'm always looking for easy mods for the AR. The crosshair is awesome. I have an RRA and its heavy but the crosshair really reduced the recoil. You can tell a difference between it and a bone stock Daniel Defense. Also look at compensators, they seem to help quite a bit.
NRA Life Member

texasmusic
Posts in topic: 1

Post by texasmusic »

lfinsr wrote:I was shooting handloads of 60gr Vmax with a pretty light load of Accurate 2230 hence my concern. I read up on the problem at various places and decided to get a heavier buffer and heavier spring. This article was about the best I could find. If both are too much I can remove one or the other.

Larry
With an 18" barrel why not try a rifle buffer setup? I prefer them even on 16" guns depending on the setup.
Ubi libertas habitat ibi nostra patria est

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”