Form 1 SBR

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Carry-a-Kimber
Posts in topic: 1

Form 1 SBR

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

Like many others, I am enjoying the sub one month wait on eForms. Put this together last night.
Spikes Honey Badger lower
3.5# CMC Flat Trigger
CMMG 8" 300 blackout barrel
Spikes 9" BAR2 Rail
Magpul furniture
YHM QD Mount
Gonna put a billet Spikes upper on in a few weeks but couldn't wait.

TexasVet

Re: Form 1 SBR

Post by TexasVet »

Not being up to date on NFA things. When submitting a form one, do you have to specify the exact length, caliber, etc ? or just that you want to build an SBR ? So can you have all the pieces (even having a pistol upper) and just wait for the lower to get a stamp for the SBR ? Is the lower the only part registered and could you swap uppers ?
Thanks

TheDude

Post by TheDude »

Nice gun. Man I got to get in on this one month wait on Tax Stamps! I have been contemplating a SBR for a while to run my M4-2000 can on. Seems like the time is now!

@TexasVet. Most people don't recommend having a Pistol Upper and a Rifle Lower unless you have a Pistol lower or another SBR lower. Its probably not an issue but technically you could get in trouble for it. You do have to give the exact info on the build. However, you can change it around once it's registered as long as you retain the parts to put it back to its original registered configuration.

dryfly

Post by dryfly »

Very nice! I've got a Daniel Defense AR with a 10" barrel in 300BO in jail currently, can't wait to get her.

michael e

Post by michael e »

Just submitted for 300 build last night. Now need to find an upper for it. Last form 1 was 38 days.

PBratton

Post by PBratton »

TexasVet wrote:Not being up to date on NFA things. When submitting a form one, do you have to specify the exact length, caliber, etc ? or just that you want to build an SBR ? So can you have all the pieces (even having a pistol upper) and just wait for the lower to get a stamp for the SBR ? Is the lower the only part registered and could you swap uppers ?
Thanks
You do have to declare the overall length, barrel length and caliber on your form 1.

If you wish to gather and assemble all the parts and pieces beforehand, I would strongly suggest you invest in a pistol buffer kit, otherwise you have 'constructive intent' hanging over you until you get the stamp back.
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

PBratton wrote:
TexasVet wrote:Not being up to date on NFA things. When submitting a form one, do you have to specify the exact length, caliber, etc ? or just that you want to build an SBR ? So can you have all the pieces (even having a pistol upper) and just wait for the lower to get a stamp for the SBR ? Is the lower the only part registered and could you swap uppers ?
Thanks
You do have to declare the overall length, barrel length and caliber on your form 1.

If you wish to gather and assemble all the parts and pieces beforehand, I would strongly suggest you invest in a pistol buffer kit, otherwise you have 'constructive intent' hanging over you until you get the stamp back.
This is exactly what I am going to be doing.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

psijac

Post by psijac »

Everyone has the Blackout Sbr bug. They should open up an new sub forum
07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”