S&W M&P 15 Sport; Best Place to Buy in DFW?

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
drjoker
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

S&W M&P 15 Sport; Best Place to Buy in DFW?

Post by drjoker »

I'm looking for a S&W M&P 15 Sport. What is the recent price in DFW area gun shows? I just missed a sale for $650 at Cablela's. Davidson's through Plano Pawn Shop has them for $630 but with FFL fees and shipping, that brings it up to about $680. Gander Mountain has them for $730 (what a joke!).

How often does Cabela's have them on sale? Should I just wait for the next sale? Or just buy it at a gun show? However, I hesitate to pay the entrance fee to go to a gun show if they don't have it for reasonable prices. I don't know how much DFW area gun shows sell them for.

Or is there another place I can get them at in the DFW area for a reasonable price that I'm no aware of?

Thanks,
:tiphat:

J Wilson
Posts in topic: 1

Re: S&W M&P 15 Sport; Best Place to Buy in DFW?

Post by J Wilson »

GrabAgun has them advertised for $559
200 E Belt Line Rd #403, Coppell, TX 75019
(972) 552-7246

Topic author
drjoker
Banned

Post by drjoker »

Thanks. I can't believe that their regular prices are less than the big box stores' SALE prices. They even had .22lr ammo in stock on the shelf! Staffed by helpful, meticulous, straight shooters in a clean, well-run professional store. Yep, my new favorite gun shop. Academy's was my fave but now Grabagun has taken their place at the top.

Just be aware that GPS will point you to the industrial warehouses next door or the rock quarry next door for some odd reason. Ignore the GPS and just look for the physical address or the number sign in front of the plaza. In other words, look for number 200 on Belt Line Rd. Then, drive BEHIND the brown brick buildings to the cinder block buildings behind them. The store is very well hidden. I guess that's why the prices are so low (low rent).

stroo

Post by stroo »

Boy I live in Coppell and go by there regularly and never knew it was there. I will have to check it out.

QB

Post by QB »

I buy from Grabagun and certainly use them for transfer of guns I buy and sell online. Low transfer fee (I think $15 if you have a CHL) and great shipping rates.....plus they get the gun shipped right away. Very professional. You can purchase from their website and then you'll get an email to come pick up your gun. If you have to have it shipped they have a flat rate of $5.99 per gun.

Sign up for their emails and you'll know when something goes on sale without have to keep looking at their website.
"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."~~ Tpr. M. Padgett

LAYGO

Post by LAYGO »

I just got this ad yesterday:
http://www.gunbuyer.com/p-58570-smith-w ... ssist.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

$529

Very tempting if it wasn't for about $2k I was about drop on my vehicle.
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

Armybrat

Post by Armybrat »

drjoker wrote:Thanks. I can't believe that their regular prices are less than the big box stores' SALE prices. They even had .22lr ammo in stock on the shelf! Staffed by helpful, meticulous, straight shooters in a clean, well-run professional store. Yep, my new favorite gun shop. Academy's was my fave but now Grabagun has taken their place at the top.

Just be aware that GPS will point you to the industrial warehouses next door or the rock quarry next door for some odd reason. Ignore the GPS and just look for the physical address or the number sign in front of the plaza. In other words, look for number 200 on Belt Line Rd. Then, drive BEHIND the brown brick buildings to the cinder block buildings behind them. The store is very well hidden. I guess that's why the prices are so low (low rent).
Well heck, I drove through there looking for GaG earlier this year and never found it. Guess next time I'm up there I'll try again with your directions. (I don't have a GPS).
Could have saved the $5.99 shipping and the $25 FFL fee. :???:

Topic author
drjoker
Banned

Post by drjoker »

Armybrat wrote:
drjoker wrote:Thanks. I can't believe that their regular prices are less than the big box stores' SALE prices. They even had .22lr ammo in stock on the shelf! Staffed by helpful, meticulous, straight shooters in a clean, well-run professional store. Yep, my new favorite gun shop. Academy's was my fave but now Grabagun has taken their place at the top.

Well heck, I drove through there looking for GaG earlier this year and never found it. Guess next time I'm up there I'll try again with your directions. (I don't have a GPS).
Could have saved the $5.99 shipping and the $25 FFL fee. :???:
Yeah, they're VERY hard to find. They don't even have a real sign. They have a banner taped to the glass window. The banner doesn't even have a picture of a gun on it. It just says "Grabagun". LOL.

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”