Experts as a favor could you identify for me.

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

esxmarkc
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Experts as a favor could you identify for me.

Post by esxmarkc »

AndyC wrote:No, he did not. Agent Robert Wanko had a full-sized Uzi ......
With a last name like "Wanko" you'd pretty much carry an Uzi just to get anyone to take you seriously. I'd bet he had fun with that name in school. Probably where he got most of his hand-to-hand combat training. I sure wouldn't want to p... him off. :fire
Keeping the king of England out of your face since 12/05/2009

jmorris
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jmorris »

AndyC wrote:No, he did not. Agent Robert Wanko had a full-sized Uzi in the Reagan attempt. Don't believe me? Compare the length of the fore-end .......

As for having a 10" barrel, sure it does - but most of it's internal thanks to the telescoping-bolt design; not much of the barrel is exposed. It's a non-issue to hide a full-sized Uzi (ie. an original full-auto, not the civilian version with a huge long barrel) in a briefcase - believe me.
You're absolutely right. But that to me does not look like the full size barrel and I think that's what I cued on.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

jmorris
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jmorris »

AndyC wrote:I think you're right - it doesn't look quite as long a barrel to me either.
Sheesh! If my memory was worth a darn I would have remembered this earlier. From the site:

"The Thompson submachine gun was replaced by the Uzi submachine gun in the 1970s. Uzis utilized by the Secret Service have the common characteristic of slightly shorter than standard barrels. This was due to the fact that the weapons had to be modified to fit inside standard size Samsonite briefcases used to conceal them. The Uzi was phased out in the mid 1990s and replaced by the H&K MP-5. The Secret Service was the last Federal agency to use the Uzi."
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

LAYGO
Posts in topic: 1

Post by LAYGO »

Ed4032 wrote:Just to be fair... once he made it over the fence he should have been able to live there now. Also he should get free health coverage and welfare benefits.
:hurry: "rlol" :lol: :cheers2:
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Congress is holding hearings on this today. They are grilling the Secret Service Director. Can't recall her name. Probably a barry appointee. I am glad they know what their priorities are.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Guy is now being charged as well with possession of high capacity magazines in the District of Columbia.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/national-int ... 07872.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”