.45 ACP Rifle

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 10

.45 ACP Rifle

Post by E.Marquez »

Don't judge me, sometimes we do because we want to, not because it makes any sense.. :biggrinjester:

I have a Marlin .357 rifle to go with one of several .357 revolvers .... so I thought (big mistake.. thinking,, normally cost lost of money when I do that) what about a .45 ACP lever action rifle to go with my .45 ACP pistols..... alas, I cant find one.. There are .45 LC versions,,,and I see "it'll blow up bullet point to primer" discussions in a tubular mag..which could be solved with ammo selection (restriction)
But are there any .45 ACP rifles out there in the wild or only something custom built and a novelty at best.

Not looking for Thompson MG clone, SemiAuto, or a Highpoint anything... but really, a lever gun...

Edited to highlight the apparent hidden requirement..
Last edited by E.Marquez on Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

Topic author
E.Marquez

Re: .45 ACP Rifle

Post by E.Marquez »

http://www.grantcunningham.com/blog_fil ... 5-941.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
an article that speaks to the conversion of a .45 Colt Cowboy II lever action rifle
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas

BobCat
Posts in topic: 1

Post by BobCat »

You could put a MechTech upper on your 1911 or Glock http://www.mechtechsys.com/
Retractable claws; the *original* concealed carry

Commander Cody
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Commander Cody »

Use your search engine. I see several.
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson USMC 1967-1970 101st. Underwater Mess Kit Repair Battalion - Spoon Platoon.

Javier730

Post by Javier730 »

Marlin has the Camp 45 which is pretty nice. Hard to find though. If Keltec made a Sub 2000 chambered in 45acp I would buy one. It would go great with my Glock 21SF. :fire
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

Topic author
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Commander Cody wrote:Use your search engine. I see several.
Wow that was helpful, now why didn't I think of using a search engine.... Oh wait....... :totap:

... Im familiar with Google. And I used it, I see NO lever action .45ACP rifles Do you?, please post a link.

While there are a few out there in other configurations none I found in a lever action...
Last edited by E.Marquez on Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Javier730 wrote:Marlin has the Camp 45 which is pretty nice. Hard to find though. If Keltec made a Sub 2000 chambered in 45acp I would buy one. It would go great with my Glock 21SF. :fire
They do? I can only find references to a .45 Long Colt version.... not a .45 ACP

Thanks I'll keep looking..

EDIT : Ok, your talking about the carbine https://www.google.com/search?q=marlin+ ... 2&ie=UTF-8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Im looking for a lever action.... which seems to be in the custom category
Last edited by E.Marquez on Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PBratton

Post by PBratton »

So, you could piece together an AR - 45acp.

But there is also Beretta Cx4 Storm, HiPoint Carbines, KRISS had a couple carbines, MPA1SST45, Taurus had a CT G2 Carbine (dunno if it's still around) and, of course MY favorite, the Thompson M1 or 1927A1 carbines.
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

Topic author
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

PBratton wrote:So, you could piece together an AR - 45acp.

But there is also Beretta Cx4 Storm, HiPoint Carbines, KRISS had a couple carbines, MPA1SST45, Taurus had a CT G2 Carbine (dunno if it's still around) and, of course MY favorite, the Thompson M1 or 1927A1 carbines.
I apologize if my original post was not clear.
I am looking for a lever action, .45 ACP rifle

Not a carbine
Not a bolt action
Not anything made by Highpoint
Not a Semi Auto

But something like the one in the article I linked to above.

Thanks for the assist though.

joe817
Posts in topic: 4

Post by joe817 »

I'm vaguely familiar with lever actions, and I'm vaguely familiar with semi-auto pistols. So if I ask a dumb question, just rack it up to another 'dumb question by Joe'! :lol:

I've never heard of a rimless cartridge(like .45acp) in a lever gun. Do they make ANY lever action guns that accommodate ANY caliber rimless cartridges? All the lever guns I'm familiar with uses rimmed cartridges.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Setxjeff

Post by Setxjeff »

joe817 wrote:I'm vaguely familiar with lever actions, and I'm vaguely familiar with semi-auto pistols. So if I ask a dumb question, just rack it up to another 'dumb question by Joe'! :lol:

I've never heard of a rimless cartridge(like .45acp) in a lever gun. Do they make ANY lever action guns that accommodate ANY caliber rimless cartridges? All the lever guns I'm familiar with uses rimmed cartridges.
Browning makes lever action rifles that fires rimless Calibers but it uses a magazine not tublar fed but alas no 45 ACP
22-250 Rem 20" 6 lbs 8 oz $1,229.99
223 Rem 20" 6 lbs 8 oz $1,229.99
243 Win 20" 6 lbs 8 oz $1,229.99
270 Win 22" 7 lbs 4 oz $1,279.99
270 WSM 22" 6 lbs 12 oz $1,299.99
30-06 Spfld 22" 7 lbs 4 oz $1,279.99
300 Win Mag 24" 7 lbs 12 oz $1,279.99
300 WSM 22" 6 lbs 12 oz $1,299.99
308 Win 20" 6 lbs 8 oz $1,229.99
325 WSM 22" 6 lbs 12 oz $1,299.99
358 Win 20" 6 lbs 8 oz $1,229.99
450 Mar 20" 7 lbs 0 oz $1,229.99
7mm Rem Mag 24" 7 lbs 12 oz $1,279.99
7mm-08 Rem 20"
TSRA Member
M1 Garand Collectors Association

puma guy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by puma guy »

E.Marquez wrote:
PBratton wrote:So, you could piece together an AR - 45acp.

I apologize if my original post was not clear.
I am looking for a lever action, .45 ACP rifle

Not a carbine
Not a bolt action
Not anything made by Highpoint
Not a Semi Auto

But something like the one in the article I linked to above.

Thanks for the assist though.
You might try this place. You supply the rifle for conversion.
http://www.johntaylormachine.com

Can't find a link but supposedly C.E. Harris converted a Marlin to .45 ACP that was written up in The American Rifleman magazine.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Thanks for the education Jeff! I wasn't thinking along the lines of magazine fed lever guns. Duh! :shock:
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Interestingly enough, I found the same question posted on The High Road. Interesting read if one is so inclined:

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/inde ... 51680.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Topic author
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

joe817 wrote:I'm vaguely familiar with lever actions, and I'm vaguely familiar with semi-auto pistols. So if I ask a dumb question, just rack it up to another 'dumb question by Joe'! :lol:

Yes but what im finding is they are all custom, not off the shelf

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”