Finally got an AR

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

C-dub
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Finally got an AR

Post by C-dub »

40 round mag and a couple other nice extras. Good job! :thumbs2:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RogueUSMC »

I don't know which is better lookin'...the rifle or the granite counter-tops! Nice!
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Topic author
PaJ
Posts in topic: 7

Post by PaJ »

RogueUSMC wrote:I don't know which is better lookin'...the rifle or the granite counter-tops! Nice!
Thanks. I tried to get Mrs. PaJ in the pic too. She didn't go for it. Then it'd be a really tough call. "rlol" "rlol"

I've got a riser coming in for the scope. Hopefully I can get it sighted in this weekend. My Charlie Brown head is too dang big to easily see through the scope as it sits now. I'd also like to put iron sites on it as a backup. Sounds funny saying that since most rifles come with iron sites and the scope is added. Right now my gun budget is blown. Between the AR and some additional training classes that Mrs. PaJ and I are taking (we are both looking forward to that), anything else will have to wait until I see what Uncle Sam does to us. :waiting:

winters
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by winters »

I never had an interest in owning an AR until Obama said I shouldn't have one. I went out and bought an ar15 and ar10. lol

Post by 77346 »

Congrats PaJ, welcome to the Black Gun enthusiasts community!

winters,
I'd been a gun owner for a long time... since I was 22 in the late 80's. Like you, I never had an interest in owning an AR-15 until Obama wanted to ban them. Got my first in 2013 when they started to show up on the shelves after Sandy Hook... since then I've bought/built 5. Then I got into AK's mid last year... this stuff is addicting!
Alex
NRA Benefactor Life & TSRA Life Member
Bay Area Shooting Club Member
CHL since 7/12 | 28 days mailbox-to-mailbox

Setxjeff

Post by Setxjeff »

I was the same way about the AR platform until the goverment said nobody needed one, SO I built two of them one for me and one for my Wife.
TSRA Member
M1 Garand Collectors Association

drjoker
Banned

Post by drjoker »

Actually, that's a modern hypnosis technique. If you use someone else's commonly used verbal phrases, it will seem like it's their idea to their minds. When I was single, I used to use this and other hypnosis techniques to persuade ladies to, ahem, give me some attention. Laymen seem to think that hypnosis requires waving a pocket watch in front of their face. I'm glad that most people think that way. Now, I use it the same way you use it, heh, heh. Have you ever seen a real ugly guy who wasn't wealthy with a real hottie on his arm? Have you wondered what's going on so when you think about it like that, you might be surprised to find that hypnosis can be very useful. LOL.

Anyways, I've resisted buying an AR for many years because it is not a real MAN's rifle since it is aluminum and plastic, not manly steel and wood. However, now that I'm married, I've discovered that stuff that isn't manly can be useful, too. My wife can shoot the AR. She refuses to shoot the AK. Every child or female I know of that shoots rifles likes the AR, but not the AK. I can see the appeal. It is easy to shoot, lightweight, ergonomic, and can easily fit optics and lights to make it easier on the shooter. Oh, and no recoil.

Oh, yeah, and the manliest rifle of them all, the Mosin is really hated by most females. Those soviet and chi-com guns have lots of sharp corners so if you're popping the safety or chambering a round and your finger slips, you could end up with a cut and draw blood.

Yup, I've gone over to the other side. My favorite rifle is no longer the AK but the AR.
PaJ wrote:
misterlarry wrote:Congratulations! I'm still working on my wife as well for buying an AR15. Any trade secrets that you would be willing to share? Thanks.

The guy at the show kicked it off when he explained to her that it was the safest home defense gun because of the frangible ammunition. We walked around the rest of the show and I kept pointing out all of the higher priced guns even with no add ons. Knowing the DPMS was a good value, I kept reminding her of that too. I sealed the deal with the same logic she uses on me when returning from the mall. "It is such a good deal, we have to buy it! Look how much we are saving!" I love it when I get to use her own language against her. :thumbs2: :cheers2:

VMI77
Posts in topic: 2

Post by VMI77 »

drjoker wrote:Have you ever seen a real ugly guy who wasn't wealthy with a real hottie on his arm? Have you wondered what's going on
I just assumed it had to do with the size of his wallet. :evil2:
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

The size of the wallet? My wallet will hold ALOT of money...
- Napoleon Bonaparte

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

but it doesn't...lol
- Napoleon Bonaparte

LSUTiger

Post by LSUTiger »

PaJ wrote:My wife and I have both been around guns our entire lives, but I wouldn't consider myself a "gun guy". With much of what was happening a few years ago, I decided to buy a handgun...then a 2nd. My wife wasn't pleased with #2 until she shot it. Then she wanted one. Then we decided that, if we were going to get them, we wanted to get trained, get our CHL's, etc out of responsibility. But, she often said, "there is absolutely no reason for anyone to own one of those assault weapons."

Well, I bought a DPMS AR15 this weekend and she was even with me! I wasn't "allowed" to shoot it until she could go too. It took a while, but she finally came around. :woohoo

This weekend was my first time shooting one. That thing is sweet! :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana
Congrats!

Personally, my ex-fiancée had a problem with guns. :nono:

My wife never really had a problem with guns and she has her CHL. Now she's not to the same level of dedication in exercising her rights as I am and early in our relationship I alluded to the fact that when it comes to firearms there is no compromise, we were gonna be a gun family period and if she ever changed her mind and had a problem with it I was gonna make sure my 2nd wife was gonna appreciate my collection. :fire

Now sometimes I have to wait until the time is right to tell my wife that I already spent our hard earned money on another toy or to announce that I am gonna do it, wait for it to sink in a little then do it, you have to pick your battles, but sometimes having the testicular fortitude to do something the only way to get it done. It's better to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission. :totap: :waiting:

Once you set the status quo it will make procuring implements of Freedom and associated accessories much easier. :rock"

The only down side is that she will also take it as a good excuse to spend as much money as I did on something she wants so everything I buy effectively costs me double. :cryin
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”