Bought My First AR

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
misterlarry
Posts in topic: 2

Bought My First AR

Post by misterlarry »

Well after researching for around two years, and wanting to beat the next big anti-gun push from Obama, I finally broke down and purchased my first ever AR15 over the weekend.

Sons of Liberty Gun Works in San Antonio came very highly recommended both by people I know and in online groups. They had this patrol rifle on for $799 over the weekend and I just had to pull the trigger. I also found a great deal over the weekend on 30 round MSAR magazines (10 x $6.88 each). Naturally, I went out and bought a bunch of .223 Rem yesterday and will add some 5.56 mm later this week. And to top off all my many blessings, my wife purchased a Vortex Strikefire II optic for me for my upcoming birthday (sure love that gal!).

Ordered it with OD Green furniture. All I need now is my "little friend".

http://sonsoflibertygunworks.com/collec ... 0455647553

:txflag: :txflag: :txflag:
01/19/2013 CHL Class - 03/25/2013 CHL Arrived
NRA Life Member
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

TXBO
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Bought My First AR

Post by TXBO »

Nice! Enjoy.

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

It's going to like a heavier bullet with that 1:7 twist. I'd try some 77gr
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

Texsquatch

Post by Texsquatch »

Would love to hear some feedback once you run through a few rounds. I've been ogling the link you provided, and while I haven't heard of this company until now, I'm very interested in doing a build. Sounds solid!

Topic author
misterlarry
Posts in topic: 2

Post by misterlarry »

Texsquatch wrote:Would love to hear some feedback once you run through a few rounds. I've been ogling the link you provided, and while I haven't heard of this company until now, I'm very interested in doing a build. Sounds solid!
I'll provide some feedback when I unpack mine. What I really like about SOLGW is that they build duty ready rifles and give a very comprehensive lifetime warranty.
01/19/2013 CHL Class - 03/25/2013 CHL Arrived
NRA Life Member
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Welcome to the addiction. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”