Walmart Sells "Seconds"?

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Lena
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Walmart Sells "Seconds"?

Post by Lena »

Do not think guns are any different, I do know some fishing tackle is rods and reels for sure.
Stay Safe

Right2Carry
Banned
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Right2Carry »

A brand new Colt LE6920 is a brand new Colt LE6920 regardless of what retailer or gunshop sells it. Once again not one shred of proof of this thread but a lot os speculation.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

puma guy
Posts in topic: 15

Post by puma guy »

Right2Carry wrote:
cyphertext wrote:
puma guy wrote:
WTR wrote:I think it may be dependent on which Wal Mart you go to. I can go to one which will have a decent selection (depending on the time you go there) and one 45 miles away which has a pathetic selection of both rifles and ammo.
I noticed the gun display was missing from the Arlington WalMart at 287 and Sublett on my last visit. I asked and was told by the gentleman attendant in sporting goods that only the "rural" stores would be carrying firearms. I don't know how accurate this is, but it seems to be borne out by the newly missing firearms from my two local stores when just beyond in a smaller city (La Porte) they still carry them. Likewise the Wal Mart in Mansfield just a few miles from Arlington still carries firearms as does the one in Burleson. I think their term "rural" has a liberal interpretation, nonetheless gun displays have been disappearing.
The last time Walmart started reducing the number of stores that carried firearms, they removed them from stores that did not sell $x in firearms the previous year. I don't remember what that $x figure was though. The Walmart closest to me lost their firearms due to this... they were a new supercenter that hadn't been open a year. Corporate did not make an exception for them though... firearm sales did not equal $x, so firearms were removed.
The wal mart in Mansfield still carries Rifles and shotguns. They do not carry ARs anymore.
Yes. I bought a shotgun there in September. I bought a rifle at the Burleson Walmart as well, that's where I saw a Remington 700 BDL during the summer. I just bought a rifle at the La Porte store but the larger, busier Pasadena store stopped carrying guns. To get back to the original topic all three were the same as what any other retailer sells.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 8

Post by WTR »

The only evidence I have of Wal Mart selling products made for them is from a 'Shark" canister vacuum I
bought on sell from Wal Mart. When I needed a filter for the vacuum and I could not find any evidence of the product ever being made. I checked every site on the internet and finally just guessed and ordered filters from Amazon. Fortunately.....lucky guess.

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

WTR wrote:The only evidence I have of Wal Mart selling products made for them is from a 'Shark" canister vacuum I
bought on sell from Wal Mart. When I needed a filter for the vacuum and I could not find any evidence of the product ever being made. I checked every site on the internet and finally just guessed and ordered filters from Amazon. Fortunately.....lucky guess.

Selling products made for them isn't the issue or purpose of this thread. The original poster asked specifically about firearms and 'Seconds". Seconds implies there is some kind of cosmetic or defect issue.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Right2Carry wrote:
WTR wrote:The only evidence I have of Wal Mart selling products made for them is from a 'Shark" canister vacuum I

Selling products made for them isn't the issue or purpose of this thread. The original poster asked specifically about firearms and 'Seconds". Seconds implies there is some kind of cosmetic or defect issue.
Well, while the guns may not be "seconds", they may be made specifically for Wal Mart.......happy?

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

WTR wrote:
Right2Carry wrote:

Well, while the guns may not be "seconds", they may be made specifically for Wal Mart.......happy?
Once again I have yet to see a firearm made specifically for wal-mart. All three of my purchases including a Colt LE6920 were no different than what any other gun show, LGS, or manufacturer would sell. Speculate all you want but it doesn't prove a thing. My proof refutes any speculation about this issue and resides in a nice gun safe.

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

I bet you think Apple and Samsung products at wal mart are actually inferior products as well. SMH

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Right2Carry wrote:
I bet you think Apple and Samsung products at wal mart are actually inferior products as well. SMH
Guess you don't want to address the article.
I have a friend's Son who is an EE for Motorola and works in their Chinese plant. I know for a fact that they produce specific product for different buyers. Wal Mart keeps whole plants busy producing TVs specifically for Wal Mart

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Right2Carry wrote:

Forgive me for mentioning Motorola as they don't produce gun. However. do Apple and Samsung produce guns? Talk out of both sides of your mouth, don't you. Try address the article......it is about guns.

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

WTR wrote:
Right2Carry wrote:

Forgive me for mentioning Motorola as they don't produce gun. However. do Apple and Samsung produce guns? Talk out of both sides of your mouth, don't you. Try address the article......it is about guns.
You want me to address an article that is nothing more than an opinion of one man backed up by zero data and no facts? Copyrighted in 2007 and claims wal-mart supports the Brady campaign and will stop selling firearms because it is anti-gun. Seriously this is your proof? The article is nothing more than more speculation with nothing to back up any of the accusations.

Now that I have addressed the article, where is the proof that wal mart sells "seconds"? Until you can come up with something real and substantial about Walmart and firearms (seconds) I am done responding. I have already stated that firearms I purchased from WA-mart were the exact models being sold at other retailers and local gun shops. Have a nice day.

chuck j
Posts in topic: 1

Post by chuck j »

Private branding is an old concept , lets take tires . The Goodyear tires in stock at Walmart/Sams are a bid win by Goodyear to use the nationally known name to sell more tires . The Goodyear Tracker and Club tires are a bid tire (Club refers to Sam's Club) , not bad tires but not up to ride and wear of Goodyear stock tires . The name ....Douglas was revived and bought by the Walmart Corp , a bid is put out every so often to build them . Low bid gets a massive order .
I don't believe a gun maker would lower the quality of their regular line but if your old enough to remember Sears , Western Auto , Montgumery Wards , many others store branded guns were made by the big gun makers . In store branding them it took responsibility off the manufacture .

Rex B
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Rex B »

You can buy a Turnbull Heritage 1911 at Cabelas for ~$300 less than anywhere else.
Except it's not the same. The hammer is a modern style rather than the correct WW1 broad, flat hammer that is used on the full-price Turnbull Heritage. There are other differences whose parts add up to about the difference in price.

They all do it.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”