.300 Blackout Handi-rifle

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Weg
Posts in topic: 3

.300 Blackout Handi-rifle

Post by Weg »

I figured I would post a review on this rifle, mainly because it has turned out to be a pretty cool gun. I bought it from a guy in Austin who had it NIB, I paid $250.00 for it. I put a Silencerco Harvester on it, and man is this thing quiet! Shooting subs it is amazingly quiet, at least as quite as a .22 rifle shooting subs suppressed. Shooting factory TACX 110 grain Barnes rounds it sounds no louder than a un-suppressed .22 rifle. Accuracy with the same ammo is sub-moa at 100 yards, accuracy with my subsonic handloads is about 1.5 " groups at 100 yards. The only mods I have made are installing a adult size factory stock ( came with a youth stock) and doing trigger job to drop the break to 2.5 lbs. If your into .300 blackout, especially suppressed, this is a real cool gun to have. It's super quiet, and single loading definitely makes your ammo last longer. The one sad note is that the Handi-rifle line has been discontinued from what I have read elsewhere on the web. I still see them on Gunbroker though.

jb2012
Posts in topic: 2

Re: .300 Blackout Handi-rifle

Post by jb2012 »

how long is the barrel? and do you think you can get sub moa out of it with a few more mods? I actually love single shot rifles, it makes you think a whole lot more about your shots than a semi- with a 30 rounder stuck in it (which I am 100% guilty of)

Topic author
Weg

Post by Weg »

jb2012 wrote:how long is the barrel? and do you think you can get sub moa out of it with a few more mods? I actually love single shot rifles, it makes you think a whole lot more about your shots than a semi- with a 30 rounder stuck in it (which I am 100% guilty of)
The barrel is 16.5". I think I can get sub-moa out of it at 100 yds. with subsonics with a bit more loading research. The load I used in it is the one I developed for my AR upper, and shoots real well in it. My handloads are 220 grain Sierra Matchkings, whereas the factory supersonics that it shoots very well are 110 grain Barnes. The twist is 1 in 7", so it should shoot the heavier bullets well .

jb2012
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jb2012 »

Weg wrote:
jb2012 wrote:how long is the barrel? and do you think you can get sub moa out of it with a few more mods? I actually love single shot rifles, it makes you think a whole lot more about your shots than a semi- with a 30 rounder stuck in it (which I am 100% guilty of)
The barrel is 16.5". I think I can get sub-moa out of it at 100 yds. with subsonics with a bit more loading research. The load I used in it is the one I developed for my AR upper, and shoots real well in it. My handloads are 220 grain Sierra Matchkings, whereas the factory supersonics that it shoots very well are 110 grain Barnes. The twist is 1 in 7", so it should shoot the heavier bullets well .
very nice, I will have to look into it myself! Did it come threaded or did you have it done?

Topic author
Weg

Post by Weg »

Came with factory threads, from what I've read on the web, all of the .300 Blackout Handi-Rifles were made with factory threaded barrel.

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”