AK trigger upgrade - Geiselle AKT

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

ELB
Posts in topic: 1

Re: AK trigger upgrade - Geiselle AKT

Post by ELB »

The Annoyed Man wrote: "Clean"? "CLEAN"? My offer made no mention of cleaning, sir! "rlol"
Really. Whoever heard of cleaning an AK? :lol:
USAF 1982-2005

MechAg94
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MechAg94 »

The trigger that came on my N-PAP is pretty light. It just has a small amount of trigger slap that I would like to eliminate.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Beiruty »

ELB wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote: "Clean"? "CLEAN"? My offer made no mention of cleaning, sir! "rlol"
Really. Whoever heard of cleaning an AK? :lol:
In Mother Russia, to Clean an AK, they dose it with water, and then to oil it, they pick some dirty oil from their trucks and smear it on. :biggrinjester:
If it was too dirty, some diesel would help.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

bnc
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bnc »

MechAg94 wrote:The trigger that came on my N-PAP is pretty light. It just has a small amount of trigger slap that I would like to eliminate.
It is probably the Tapco G2; that is what my O-PAP came with. The AKT is definitely worth it.

Installing on my O-PAP also required removing some material from the tail end of the disconnector to avoid interference with the safety in addition to the pin that Andy mentioned.

I've had a few shots double on me, but I can't say for certain that it was due to the trigger's lightness since I apparently didn't get the shephard's hook back in securely during the install (pins were walking out). I'll try it again with the hook in place, but may want to install the additional spring.

Either way, it is probably the best ak mod for the money out there.

bnc
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bnc »

It has the full auto safety that it came with, and with the Tapco trigger would have fired if the safety got past the dust cover. When encountering the interference with the AKT I took a look at my VEPR's trigger group and noticed the disconnector had a much shorter tail than the AKT, so I filed the AKT to match rather than file the safety. It works properly now, just need to determine if I need the extra spring or not.

Did the Krebs retaining plate require any fitting for your Yugo? I haven't yet come across a Yugo specific retaining plate, and I've read that the Tapco one requires some fitting.

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”