So... What do Ya'll Think?

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Jusme
Posts in topic: 5

So... What do Ya'll Think?

Post by Jusme »

Yesterday marked the 20th year of the greatest con I ever pulled off, when I convinced Mrs. Jusme to agree to take a chance on me and become Mrs. Jusme.

I had done my part for the occasion by purchasing her something I'm not real familiar with, it involves carrots, shiny metal and sparkly rocks that she mentioned to me that she might be interested in (several times and with accompanying photos)

She has told me over the years that I am difficult to buy for, since, if I find something I want, I simply buy it (funds permitting)

I had mentioned that I was going to purchase an AR and she stated that it would be better to wait until after we found out exactly how much money we would need to donate to the IRS, our son's Boy Scout ceremony, etc. etc. ( I just hate it when they use logical arguments to prevent us from being foolish with our money don't you?) So I had put the idea on the back burner.

Anyway, since we both had to work we decided to exchange gifts yesterday afternoon. I gave her the shiny metal and sparkly rock trinket that she had requested. (I found out the ratio of orange vegetable to dollar amount required is proportional) She then brought in a large wrapped box, that looked suspicious to me and I opened up a brand new Ruger AR 556!!! I was as happy as a juvenile canine with two male appendages!! :anamatedbanana

Turns out, she had gotten into my phone (did not require the FBI assistance since she has my password) and looked at the gun package I had shown her from CDNN sports that had been posted in a previous thread and had ordered it, had it delivered to a local FFL (coincidentally the same one my son's eagle scout rifle came from) all the while afraid that I was going to buy one for myself before our anniversary. :shock:

My new AR came with a scope, bipod, sling, and carry bag. I plan on picking the brains of forum members who are much more familiar with this type of firearm than myself, so prepare yourself for some very neophyte type inquiries.

My question is, do ya'll think I ought to keep her around for another 20 years or so?? :biggrinjester:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

parabelum
Posts in topic: 1

Re: So... What do Ya'll Think?

Post by parabelum »

That is great! Congratulations and yes, you better keep her! :smash: :thumbs2:

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Excaliber »

Jusme wrote: My question is, do ya'll think I ought to keep her around for another 20 years or so?? :biggrinjester:
Only 20?

You've got two gems, only one of which is measured in carats and has a price. The other is measured in love and is absolutely priceless.

Congratulations to both of you! :cheers2:
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Topic author
Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Only 20?

Yeah this is the second time around for both of us, that's why my sales pitch must have been pretty good. :biggrinjester:

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Cogratulations, and best wishes for many, many more memorable anniversaries!
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

It sounds like she is determined to make life as miserable as possible for your next wife.

God love her!
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Jusme, like me, you married above your station in life. Good job! :mrgreen: Yes......another 20 years seems called for!

Congratulations on achieving decade two. The Annoyed Woman and I will mark the completion of decade three on 7/23/18....a little over 2 years from now. I wouldn't change a thing.

Both of us certainly have it better than this fellow: http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic. ... 8#p1071228
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

chandler583

Post by chandler583 »

Congratulations to both of you! I think you have a real keeper. I'm going to get married this year. If my wife and I are as happy as you two seem to be together, I think we will be just fine.

Also, congrats to you TAM and TAW! :thewave

It seems marriage these days is taken too lightly, but then again what do I know. I'm just a young wipper snapper.
10/17/12 Docs Mailed
11/29/12 Plastic in Hand

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

Contratulations Jusme!!
:thewave
:woohoo :party:

My better half and I will be married 40 years this summer. Her birthday is coming up next week, and she has been showing me pictures of J frames for several weeks now. We're going to the gun show tomorrow to go shopping for her birthday!
Do what you say you're gonna do.

majorr

Post by majorr »

She sounds like a keeper to me! Congrats on the 20 year mark.

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

I think that Y'all is short for "you all" and therefore is properly abbreviated as y'all...

Congrats on 20. 10 years for us in June.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

goose

Post by goose »

Sounds like you both did halfway decent. Well done all around!
:tiphat:
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

Topic author
Jusme

Post by Jusme »

AJSully421 wrote:I think that Y'all is short for "you all" and therefore is properly abbreviated as y'all...

Congrats on 20. 10 years for us in June.

You are probably correct. :tiphat:
My punctuation suffers depending on my level of excitement. :biggrinjester:

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Congratulations!

Chas.

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”