AR Pistol Finally Finished

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
jason812
Posts in topic: 7

Re: AR Pistol Finally Finished

Post by jason812 »

TAM, I believe that install is the Gen 2 version. Gen 3 has a lower hinge for charging handle clearance and a stronger retainer. I can't tell if the picture you posted is a 2 or 3. Gen 2 if you fired with it folded, you would more than likely have to replace the bolt extension or the keeper. If this wasn't updated, it would have been a harder decision to buy. With all that being said, I will not purposely try to fire it with the buffer folded. It takes almost no time to close the buffer.
2016-04-19 11-50-25_KIMG0267.jpg - Windows Photo Viewer.jpg
I agree that this piece is expensive and I wish it didn't cost so much but the entire build hinged on this piece (pun intended). This was the most expensive part on the gun except for the sight.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

jason812 wrote:TAM, I believe that install is the Gen 2 version. Gen 3 has a lower hinge for charging handle clearance and a stronger retainer. I can't tell if the picture you posted is a 2 or 3. Gen 2 if you fired with it folded, you would more than likely have to replace the bolt extension or the keeper. If this wasn't updated, it would have been a harder decision to buy. With all that being said, I will not purposely try to fire it with the buffer folded. It takes almost no time to close the buffer.
2016-04-19 11-50-25_KIMG0267.jpg - Windows Photo Viewer.jpg
I agree that this piece is expensive and I wish it didn't cost so much but the entire build hinged on this piece (pun intended). This was the most expensive part on the gun except for the sight.
I got the picture off of amazon.com, where it was described as a Gen 3 unit: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0142A ... _i=desktop
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
jason812
Posts in topic: 7

Post by jason812 »

Test run made yesterday. I won't say where. I just wrapped it in a towel to protect and break up the outline. Diapers, change of clothes and snacks helped too.
Attachments
2016-04-26 15-17-51_12926.jpeg - Windows Photo Viewer.jpg
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Those adapters are cool, but not worth $200+, at least for me.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:Those adapters are cool, but not worth $200+, at least for me.

The SIG MPX , being piston driven, does not require a buffer tube (recoil springs attached to BCG). Of course, its not an inexpensive firearm and the 9mm does not carry the same energy as the rifle round.

I'm thinking about putting that aadpter on my AR pistol, adding a real rifle stock, and filing a Form 1 to make it an SBR.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”