CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 - Carbine info

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

SigM4
Posts in topic: 6

Re: CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 - Carbine info

Post by SigM4 »

My issue with the MPX isn't the price, it's with Sig's continued lack of support. I really really wanted to go with the MPX over the Scorpion, but I have lost all faith in Sig ever following up on of most of its promises. The caliber exchange kits for example have been promised for almost two years, yet so far all anyone has gotten is an email that pushes them out another quarter. Then there's the Gen 1 and Gen 2 debacle; anyone really in the know would have been aware of this before purchasing, but random LGS customer that doesn't read every gun forum on the internet might have stumbled into a Gen 1 without knowing of its lack of capatibiliy with future kits. And don't get me started on the price of the mags.

It's not just an MPX problem either, the MCX conversion kits (most notably in 300 BLK) have never materialized despite repeated promises of a hard date for release, only to see that date come and go with nothing, followed up by a new "hard" release date, only for the entire scenarios to play out all over again. Or their suppressor line, with pistons and other accessories (which play a big part in suppressor ownership) being vaporware, despite promises of having all accessories out by Q2 2016. Or how about the complete dropping of the relatively new 556xi line almost as soon as it hit the market. None of the promised accessories/kits ever came out for that gun. How'd you like to be that guy with a brand spanking new gun that Sig almost refuses to acknowledge even exists?

I'm sure the MPX is a great gun, I'm not debating that issue (though the reports of not feeding 147 gr rounds is troubling). But I just can't deal with Sig's "over promise and under delivery" philosophy these days. Which sucks because as you can tell by my user name I am (or was) a huge Sig fan.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Topic author
Scott B.
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Scott B. »

SigM4 wrote:My issue with the MPX isn't the price, it's with Sig's continued lack of support. I really really wanted to go with the MPX over the Scorpiothe MCX conversion kits (most notably in 300 BLK) have never materialized despite repeated promises of a hard date for release
I'll ask our rep about that for you. FYI, product code is CALX-MCX-16B-300B if you don't have it.

You could always go the other way, buy RMCX-300B-16B-TFSAL-P-CKIT, that' s a 300 BLK MCX with a 556 conversion kit included ;-)
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

Scott B. wrote:
SigM4 wrote:My issue with the MPX isn't the price, it's with Sig's continued lack of support. I really really wanted to go with the MPX over the Scorpiothe MCX conversion kits (most notably in 300 BLK) have never materialized despite repeated promises of a hard date for release
I'll ask our rep about that for you. FYI, product code is CALX-MCX-16B-300B if you don't have it.

You could always go the other way, buy RMCX-300B-16B-TFSAL-P-CKIT, that' s a 300 BLK MCX with a 556 conversion kit included ;-)
I appreciate the sentiment, but I am very aware of Sig's continuing issues. As it stands I will not be purchasing any more of Sig's new designs until such time that they can start backing of their promises. The MPX/MCX fiasco is just one in a string of recent missteps on Sig's part. I think it was partially trying to rush guns to market, being the first into the "new" sub gun game.

Topic author
Scott B.
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Scott B. »

The 300 BLK MCX w/ the 556 conversion kit isn't vaporware. We've moved several. MPXs are also a hot item, pistols and carbines. From a retail standpoint, they're no 'disaster.' Gen 1, Gen 2, eh. Revisions happen.

556xi never excited me and I haven't kept up with where it stands. The 'black rifle' market is over saturated. However, the M400 and 516/716 move steadily.

And the P320 is a home run for them.

We may be at max thread drift now.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

Scott B. wrote:
We may be at max thread drift now.
Agreed.

Back on topic, HBI announced some pretty cool new handguards for the Scorpion, looking forward to their release. My plan right now is to use their pistol length version along with a pistol length barrel on my carbine to SBR it once my Form 1 comes back. Seeing as how it was submitted on 7/5/16 I suspect I still have a while to go, so I'm in no rush.

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”