Marlin 336BL

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 18

Re: Marlin 336BL

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I just saw that my local Academy has the 16.5" Compact 336, and the standard 20" model for $399 each. I'll check them out tomorrow just to have a look-see.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jusme »

iF you haven't already bought one TAM you might take a look at this from Mossberg. It's far from a traditional setup in fact it's so ugly it make me want to get one so Mrs. Jusme can tell me I have no taste. :mrgreen:

http://www.mossberg.com/category/series ... re-rifles/

It loads rounds like the marlin, 16.5 inch barrel, but then it kinda strays off the reservation after that.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

Jusme wrote:iF you haven't already bought one TAM you might take a look at this from Mossberg. It's far from a traditional setup in fact it's so ugly it make me want to get one so Mrs. Jusme can tell me I have no taste. :mrgreen:

It loads rounds like the marlin, 16.5 inch barrel, but then it kinda strays off the reservation after that.
The problem with that Mossberg is being seen in public with it. I wouldn't be able to show up at any range where either AndyC or my son are present....... I'd never be able to live it down.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

puma guy
Posts in topic: 23

Post by puma guy »

AndyC wrote:Blergh.

That thing is like Cowboys vs Aliens
I agree. More like for Commander Cody than Buffalo Bill Cody!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Jusme wrote:iF you haven't already bought one TAM you might take a look at this from Mossberg. It's far from a traditional setup in fact it's so ugly it make me want to get one so Mrs. Jusme can tell me I have no taste. :mrgreen:

The problem with that Mossberg is being seen in public with it. I wouldn't be able to show up at any range where either AndyC or my son are present....... I'd never be able to live it down.
AndyC wrote:"Who's the dude with the ugly rifle??"

"Dunno - just some hitch-hiker we picked up, but he's from California."

"Ahhhh."
"rlol" I needed some humor. I had to put my dog down this afternoon.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

AndyC wrote:Awwwww, I'm so sorry for your loss - that does suck :(
Thanks, Andy.

joe817
Posts in topic: 1

Post by joe817 »

puma guy wrote: "rlol" I needed some humor. I had to put my dog down this afternoon.
Sorry for your loss buddy. It's always gut wrenching for us when we have to put a dog down...a family member & friend. Back in '97 we had to put down our scotch terrier 'Duffy' and we were so heartbroken, both of us had to take the day off to go bury him at a pet cemetery.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

joe817 wrote:
puma guy wrote: "rlol" I needed some humor. I had to put my dog down this afternoon.
Sorry for your loss buddy. It's always gut wrenching for us when we have to put a dog down...a family member & friend. Back in '97 we had to put down our scotch terrier 'Duffy' and we were so heartbroken, both of us had to take the day off to go bury him at a pet cemetery.
Thanks, Joe. Lost a good friend for sure. Diagnosed with lymphoma in April. We managed it with prednisone and pain meds and even though it slowly took it's toll his quality of life was good until the last couple of days. He went down fast mid morning and just couldn't get his hind legs under him and by mid-day it was evident his whole body was struggling and his systems were shutting down.
This photo was taken two weeks ago.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

puma guy wrote:I needed some humor. I had to put my dog down this afternoon.
Oh man, I am so sorry. I have done that three times in my life, and it was always a hard thing to do. I eventually get past it, but I never really get over it.

#TINVOWOOT

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

The Annoyed Man wrote:

That gun is just, well, wrong!

:shock:
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

puma guy wrote:
joe817 wrote:
Thanks, Joe. Lost a good friend for sure. Diagnosed with lymphoma in April. We managed it with prednisone and pain meds and even though it slowly took it's toll his quality of life was good until the last couple of days. He went down fast mid morning and just couldn't get his hind legs under him and by mid-day it was evident his whole body was struggling and his systems were shutting down.
This photo was taken two weeks ago.
I am very sorry to hear of your loyal friend's passing.

I've been through that a few times as well, and I've never gotten over any of them.

The loss of a wonderful companion like that is just behind the loss of a spouse or a child - but not by very much.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bblhd672 »

puma guy wrote:Image
One of the saddest days of my life was when I had to put my golden down.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”