Orphaned FAL lower

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Orphaned FAL lower

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Dadtodabone wrote:
der Teufel wrote:
AndyC wrote:... *lightbulb* Start getting the parts together to build it into a complete rifle again, of course! :mrgreen:

But of course! What other thoughts could there have been? :txflag:
Mais bien sûr!
I can't read that phrase without hearing it in my mind with a "Hollywood" French accent so harsh it makes my sinuses ache.
I can actually say that with an accent that will make your sinuses ache. I have the perhaps dubious distinction of being the rare breed of American who can correctly pronounce a "u" or an "r" in French the way the Alliance Française says it should be pronounced. You may all worship me now.
:smilelol5:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

der Teufel
Posts in topic: 2

Post by der Teufel »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Dadtodabone wrote:
der Teufel wrote:
AndyC wrote:... *lightbulb* Start getting the parts together to build it into a complete rifle again, of course! :mrgreen:

But of course! What other thoughts could there have been? :txflag:
Mais bien sûr!
I can't read that phrase without hearing it in my mind with a "Hollywood" French accent so harsh it makes my sinuses ache.
I can actually say that with an accent that will make your sinuses ache. I have the perhaps dubious distinction of being the rare breed of American who can correctly pronounce a "u" or an "r" in French the way the Alliance Française says it should be pronounced. You may all worship me now.
:smilelol5:

Sorry, I grew up (despite the fact that some of my 'so-called' friends deny that I ever did) in "Port d'Arture" (Port Arthur) which is a lot more like Louisiana than Texas. While my French accent certainly won't fool a real Frenchman, I can fake the Cajun stuff well enough… :smilelol5:

Com' see Cheri! I dun bought myself a bran' new Peekin' Up Truck.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RogueUSMC »

AndyC wrote:I'm so pleased to be among like-minded friends who encourage my addiction by coming to the same conclusions :mrgreen:
I think the term is 'enabler' or 'facilitator'...lol. The first step in recovery is...ummm....what are we recovering from?
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

bulletslap

Post by bulletslap »

Good show!

Do you have assembly tools ?

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Ouch. I had no idea basic FAL parts & components were so pricey.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Bolton Strid

Post by Bolton Strid »

AndyC wrote:$490 worth of type 2 receiver:
Oof - sucks you didn't get the FAL fever about this time last year

All types, all versions.
DSA had a heckuva sale going on at the time.
Smoke Rings in the Dark

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

I can pat myself on the back for buying a quality AR-15 billet lower at half-off...then I realize my forever-will-not-sell rifle is a POF 308. Many parts are proprietary. :???:

But that's why I own AR-15s. Backup.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Skiprr wrote:I can pat myself on the back for buying a quality AR-15 billet lower at half-off...then I realize my forever-will-not-sell rifle is a POF 308. Many parts are proprietary. :???:

:iagree:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Skiprr wrote:I can pat myself on the back for buying a quality AR-15 billet lower at half-off...then I realize my forever-will-not-sell rifle is a POF 308. Many parts are proprietary. :???:

Ditto. Not only are the internal parts for my SCAR mostly proprietary, they're darned expensive too. But AR15s are easy and cheap to maintain.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”