Hedging the election

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

sheary
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Hedging the election

Post by sheary »

Don't forget the basics!

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ScottDLS »

:iagree:

A very important item (see Venezuela). The paper mills and paper converting machines will be down rapidly after the zombie plague, EMP, TEOTWAWKI, etc.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 10

Post by philip964 »

AndyC wrote:If I wanted something inexpensive but good quality, I'd look hard at the Aero Precision 16" mid-length rifle for $559 - you just choose the furniture you want:

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/re ... +PRECISION

Me, I'm looking into ammo - I'm pretty much set (almost) for magazines and AR-15 lowers/LPKs.
Thanks for the tips. I ordered this. Says its finished in Blueing. Is that ok? I picked Elite Firearms in Lake Jackson for my FFL. I have to call them tomorrow to see if they are interested.

I forgot about toilet paper. Hopefully this hedge will not be necessary. Everybody go vote. Please.

***Update This was stolen in the burglary where all my magazines and my toilet paper were stolen as well***

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Just in case people don't think it's important enough to get out and vote for the future of the Supreme Court and the end of the Obamacare disaster and open borders, I received my final "topping off" shipment last night of 62 gr M855 green tip.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 10

Post by philip964 »

AndyC wrote:Yep, that's fine - I think you did good, Philip. Remember you'll need to buy a butt-stock and fore-end for it
Its like more expensive Lego, right?

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Skiprr »

philip964 wrote:
AndyC wrote:Yep, that's fine - I think you did good, Philip. Remember you'll need to buy a butt-stock and fore-end for it
Its like more expensive Lego, right?
Precisely! One of the attractions of the format. Even though your new rifle will come very-minimal-assembly required, you have the choice of dozens of stocks, dozens of fore-ends, and scores of sights and optics.

A quick note as you start shopping for the stock: note that your rifle's buffer tube assembly is mil-spec sized, not "commercial." IMHO, mil-spec is what you want; the diameter is a bit smaller and the wall of the buffer tube itself is built sturdier. But they are sized differently. So you definitely want a stock that's sized to fit mil-spec, not commercial. That will be in the details about whatever makes/models you look at.

FWIW, I've had a low-priority purchase in the back of my mind for quite some time. Not something I really intended to add to the safe. But last night--having already voted--I was sitting there thinking about the possible outcome today and decided this particular purchase would be one that's highly distasteful to HRC. I'm gonna drive to the dealer at lunchtime and pick it up. As the results start coming in, I'll strip it down, clean it, lube it, stick a micro red-dot on it, and do a quick and dirty laser boresight of the red-dot. If the anti-2A candidate wins, I'll be able to take some small solace in prepping the new toy while I listen to the electoral vote count.

This expenditure isn't really Andy's fault--he may not even approve of the selection--but I've gotten so used to blaming him for recent purchases that I'll keep up the tradition.

So it is Andy's fault.

:biggrinjester:
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Skiprr wrote:
So it is Andy's fault.

Yeah, that's it. I blame him too! No way I am going to take personal responsibility for running out of room in my safe(s)! Thanks Skiprr!!!! :cheers2:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

der Teufel
Posts in topic: 2

Post by der Teufel »

Skiprr wrote:So it is Andy's fault.

It may not be Andy's fault, but we'll blame him anyway… :smash:
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”