Henry Rifles: New for 2017

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Henry Rifles: New for 2017

Post by bblhd672 »

The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Henry Rifles: New for 2017

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I want one of those .45-70 all-weather models.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I want one of those .45-70 all-weather models.
I knew one of the new lineup would catch your eye! :mrgreen:
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

The detachable magazine models are interesting.

I have 2 Henry rifles that I love. My one complaint is the tube fed magazines. It makes it a bit challenging to reload at an indoor range with limited room to maneuver.

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I want one of those .45-70 all-weather models.
FYI..
That appears to be a thin dense hard chrome plating aka "TDC".
Same thing we use in the food industry on bearings that require wash down with caustic chemicals.
Very resistant to corrosion.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:The detachable magazine models are interesting.

I have 2 Henry rifles that I love. My one complaint is the tube fed magazines. It makes it a bit challenging to reload at an indoor range with limited room to maneuver.

I noticed the the stamping on the detachable magazine model showed to have been made in Rice Lake Wisconsin.

Is Henry expanding into other States or is it just to bypass laws in New Jersey?
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Carry-a-Kimber

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

Modern Henry rifles do absolutely nothing for me. Give me a pre-safety Winchester or Marlin or even a Rossi.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Since Henry has added a magazine-fed model, I hope they consider making them available with a loading gate. The Henry actions are the smoothest I've seen on any level gun.

Chas.

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Since Henry has added a magazine-fed model, I hope they consider making them available with a loading gate. The Henry actions are the smoothest I've seen on any level gun.

Chas.
:iagree: :thumbs2:

I have a Big Boy .44

The only thing I don't like about it is what it takes to load it.
I do like that I can unload it quite easily.

I have been wondering what it would take to create some loading tubes like were originally made for the Spencer Carbine. It would definitely speed up reloading until you had emptied all of your loading tubes. :coolgleamA:

My son-in-law fell in love with the action the first time he shot it. In a few years or several as the case may be, he will own it.
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

OldCurlyWolf wrote:I have been wondering what it would take to create some loading tubes like were originally made for the Spencer Carbine. It would definitely speed up reloading until you had emptied all of your loading tubes. :coolgleamA:
I've been considering the same thing and thinking about PVC if I can find a sufficient diameter. I have a .44mag.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

C-dub wrote:
OldCurlyWolf wrote:I have been wondering what it would take to create some loading tubes like were originally made for the Spencer Carbine. It would definitely speed up reloading until you had emptied all of your loading tubes. :coolgleamA:
I've been considering the same thing and thinking about PVC if I can find a sufficient diameter. I have a .44mag.
I was thinking of brass or copper or lightweight stainless and putting a small bell, just large enough to fit over the tube of the magazine on the loading end of the tube. :?:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

AdioSS

Post by AdioSS »

That silver & black on the All Weather model looks nice. Glad I did that a few years ago with my Rossi :mrgreen:

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”