WINCHESTER Model 1895

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
nedmoore
Posts in topic: 3

WINCHESTER Model 1895

Post by nedmoore »

Scored a Winchester Model 1895 today at a garage sale. Mfg. in 1903 according to serial number. 30-40 Krag caliber. Anyone here have one?

boxermoose
Posts in topic: 1

Re: WINCHESTER Model 1895

Post by boxermoose »

Obviously I've been going to the wrong g garage sales

pushpullpete

Post by pushpullpete »

:iagree: No kidding, me too ! I obviously just need to hit more garage sales (or maybe better ones at the very least).
Picture please ??

:txflag: :patriot:

flechero

Post by flechero »

boxermoose wrote:Obviously I've been going to the wrong g garage sales
Wow, me too!!

Nice find, Nedmoore... and like they say, PICS OR IT NEVER HAPPENED!! :clapping:

Topic author
nedmoore

Post by nedmoore »

Ha ha! It was a neighbor and she knew I hunt etc. The rifle was not on display at the garage sale. She told she had a couple of guns for sale so I said "sure, I will take a look", imaging my surprise when I saw the 1895. I asked her how much she wanted for it and she said "what do you think"? I was going to offer $200 but felt a bit guilty so I offered $300 and she accepted.

Action is good, but the bluing is almost completely gone, and the original butt plate has been replaced with a Remington plate, and subsequent wood on top of the plate has been filled with filler and stained. Let me see if I can post some pics, been quite a while since I have been on this board.

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

nedmoore wrote:Ha ha! It was a neighbor and she knew I hunt etc. The rifle was not on display at the garage sale. She told she had a couple of guns for sale so I said "sure, I will take a look", imaging my surprise when I saw the 1895. I asked her how much she wanted for it and she said "what do you think"? I was going to offer $200 but felt a bit guilty so I offered $300 and she accepted.

Action is good, but the bluing is almost completely gone, and the original butt plate has been replaced with a Remington plate, and subsequent wood on top of the plate has been filled with filler and stained. Let me see if I can post some pics, been quite a while since I have been on this board.
Nice, what do you plan to do to and with it?
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

nedmoore wrote:Ha ha! It was a neighbor and she knew I hunt etc. The rifle was not on display at the garage sale. She told she had a couple of guns for sale so I said "sure, I will take a look", imaging my surprise when I saw the 1895. I asked her how much she wanted for it and she said "what do you think"? I was going to offer $200 but felt a bit guilty so I offered $300 and she accepted.

Even as you describe you got a whale of a bargain. BB in 2009 for the 1895 Rifle in 10% condition was $750 and $895 for the Carbine w/ a 20% premium if it had been any other than .30 US (30-40 Krag).
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
nedmoore

Post by nedmoore »

Not sure what I am going to do with it as of now. I just ordered some ammo though. Someone pm there email and I will send pics so you can post them for me. I forgot how to post pics here.

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”