.300 BLK pistol

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 1

Re: .300 BLK pistol

Post by mrvmax »

I’ve had mine for a while and it makes a great truck gun.

bigtek
Banned

Post by bigtek »

That looks nice. What do you think of this kit? http://www.primaryarms.com/radical-10.5 ... hbar-10fcr
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

jb2012
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jb2012 »

Very nice, similar to a build I just finished, except mine is chambered in 5.56. Still need an optic and flashlight, but this will be mostly used as a home defense weapon, and for some plinking.

I’m pretty sure if your oal is >26inches you can have a vertical grip, can anyone verify?

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Bitter Clinger »

jb2012 wrote:Very nice, similar to a build I just finished, except mine is chambered in 5.56. Still need an optic and flashlight, but this will be mostly used as a home defense weapon, and for some plinking.

I’m pretty sure if your oal is >26inches you can have a vertical grip, can anyone verify?

If you mean a vertical foregrip, then my understanding is that that would push the pistol into the AOW catagory :banghead:

You could add a handstop: https://www.magpul.com/products/xtm-hand-stop-kit
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

denwego

Post by denwego »

jb2012 wrote:Very nice, similar to a build I just finished, except mine is chambered in 5.56. Still need an optic and flashlight, but this will be mostly used as a home defense weapon, and for some plinking.

If it's less than 26" overall length and it has a vertical handgrip, it's an AOW.

If it's more than 26" overall length and it has a vertical handgrip, it's a Title 1 firearm (non-NFA).

If it's more than 26" overall length and it has a vertical handgrip and it's concealed on the person, the ATF says it's an AOW. They're been smacked down in court before over that sort of nonsense, and it's fundamentally the same "use defines reality" garbage they said about Sig Braces with SBRs, but it's still what they say.

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

denwego wrote:
jb2012 wrote:
If it's less than 26" overall length and it has a vertical handgrip, it's an AOW.

If it's more than 26" overall length and it has a vertical handgrip, it's a Title 1 firearm (non-NFA).

If it's more than 26" overall length and it has a vertical handgrip and it's concealed on the person, the ATF says it's an AOW. They're been smacked down in court before over that sort of nonsense, and it's fundamentally the same "use defines reality" garbage they said about Sig Braces with SBRs, but it's still what they say.
Thanks, that’s what I was thinking. I have no plans to conceal this thing, so that shouldn’t be an issue haha.

allisji
Posts in topic: 2

Post by allisji »

Bitter Clinger wrote:

If you mean a vertical foregrip, then my understanding is that that would push the pistol into the AOW catagory :banghead:

So if a vertical foregrip classifies it as an AOW, but a handstop does not, then what about an angled foregrip? What if they called it an "ergonomic handstop"?

https://www.magpul.com/products/firearm ... /m-lok-afg
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

His and Hers

Anderson (FDE)/PSA(Blue) lower, Ground Zero Precision Ballistic Advantage 9" parts kit (Trenton, TX), KAK flashcan, Aero Precision M-lok hand guard, Shockwave brace, Trinty Force BUIS, Magpul MOE K2 grip (FDE), homemade quick adjust sling, Magpul FDE/German Blue Duracoat.

26.5"

These are our vehicle guns and fit in a Hazard 4 TakeDown bag nicely. I have a couple of bargain red dots that I'm going to co-witness. 20 round Magpul in the magwell and three 30 rounders in the middle outside pocket.

Sorry for the poor picture quality. I was taking them for insurance records.

As initially built with some clunky BUIS that were quickly discarded.

Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

allisji wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:

So if a vertical foregrip classifies it as an AOW, but a handstop does not, then what about an angled foregrip? What if they called it an "ergonomic handstop"?

Well, IANAL, but it has been reported that the ATF's view is that the addition of an angled fore-grip, specifically the Magpul AFG, would not make a pistol an AOW (Any Other Weapon) and therefore does not need an AOW transfer/stamp:
https://johnpierceesq.com/does-the-atf- ... ore-grips/
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

allisji
Posts in topic: 2

Post by allisji »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
allisji wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:

Well, IANAL, but it has been reported that the ATF's view is that the addition of an angled fore-grip, specifically the Magpul AFG, would not make a pistol an AOW (Any Other Weapon) and therefore does not need an AOW transfer/stamp:
https://johnpierceesq.com/does-the-atf- ... ore-grips/
makes sense, because I think I've seen an AR Pistol set up with an angled foregrip now that I think about it, because I asked the guy if it was a pistol or an SBR and I'm pretty sure that he said that he didn't want to deal with any of the NFA stuff.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

AndyC wrote:
troglodyte wrote:His and Hers

Anderson (FDE)/PSA(Blue) lower, Ground Zero Precision Ballistic Advantage 9" parts kit (Trenton, TX), KAK flashcan, Aero Precision M-lok hand guard, Shockwave brace, Trinty Force BUIS, Magpul MOE K2 grip (FDE), homemade quick adjust sling, Magpul FDE/German Blue Duracoat.
Very nice rigs. My plans were to use the 20-rounder mag in the gun as soon as I can get one, but it's nice seeing the same mindset.
I like the 20 round magazines. They keep the pistol a little more compact, fits the bag well, and still provides 20 rounds immediately. I figure if I have to get to the 30 rounders then things are not looking good and compactness isn't going to matter much.

What red dot are you running?

Is the 16" a 300 also?
Talon Firearms Training
Instructor - License To Carry, School Safety, First Responder: Texas DPS, Certified Instructor: Rangemasters/Tom Givens
NRA Instructor - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home, Range Safety Officer
Stop The Bleed Instructor

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

troglodyte wrote:
AndyC wrote:
troglodyte wrote:His and Hers

Very nice rigs. My plans were to use the 20-rounder mag in the gun as soon as I can get one, but it's nice seeing the same mindset.
I like the 20 round magazines. They keep the pistol a little more compact, fits the bag well, and still provides 20 rounds immediately. I figure if I have to get to the 30 rounders then things are not looking good and compactness isn't going to matter much.

What red dot are you running?

Is the 16" a 300 also?
+1 for 20 round mags. Don't like the 30's for any kind of longer distance shooting as if trying to rest the gun it will rock on the longer mag. For close quarters I find the 20's easier to manuever with...just my $.02. Still like the 30's for my 5.56 full size carbines.
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”