I won a Windham AR for $390

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

pbwalker
Posts in topic: 6

Re: I won a Windham AR for $390

Post by pbwalker »

ml1209 wrote:and not crap like PSA or Anderson. ;-)
"rlol" "rlol"
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

SQLGeek wrote:
pbwalker wrote:I'd guess it's right on par with an Anderson or PSA rifle. Solid, entry level type AR.
These two sentences look very strange next to each other. :lol:
Well, I was sure to use the word 'type' in there. "rlol"

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

ml1209 wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
ml1209 wrote:
pbwalker wrote:I'm confused...did you win the rifle, or just win the ability to buy it at that price?

I haven't heard much about them other than (from what I recall) they grew out of the acquisition of Bushmaster by Cerberus. I'd guess it's right on par with an Anderson or PSA rifle. Solid, entry level type AR.

I guess I won the right to buy it at $390 from an auction. How else would I win something for $390?

On Windham’s website they said their barrels are 4150, not 4140 and also Windham’s barrels are chrome-lined. Idk, does PSA or Anderson use 4150 and do they chrome-line their barrels?
FWIW, I was initially confused too. There’s two ways to understand this:

“I won a Windham AR15 worth $390 (in a raffle, or other promotional contest)”

or......

“I won an auction for a Windam AR15 at a price of $390.”
I actually didn't say "I won a Windham AR15 worth $390". I stated in the title "I won a Windham AR for $390" and proceeded to state in the post that I had a cap that was exceeded. Nowhere did I say or imply that this was a promotion, raffle, or contest that I entered. The difference between the words "worth" and "for" used in that context changes the meaning of the sentence.

I appreciate the input. I think it's a fair deal on an AR15. From what I've read so far, it does seem to be a quality rifle, and not crap like PSA or Anderson. ;-)
Yes, it is a fair deal on that rifle. You did good. And I was not trying to put any blame on you or criticize your post. I was just talking about the confusion experienced by old farts like me.

If it’s any consolation, my kids and grandkids confuse me sometimes too. LOL
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bblhd672 »

Windham Weaponry has intrigued me since I started looking at AR pattern rifles. The multi-caliber kits especially. Perhaps some day!
Right now looking at the next one to be a higher end AR with 1:7 twist barrel.

Looking forward to a report on the fit/finish and performance of your new WW rifle.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
ml1209 wrote:
pbwalker wrote:I'm confused...did you win the rifle, or just win the ability to buy it at that price?

I haven't heard much about them other than (from what I recall) they grew out of the acquisition of Bushmaster by Cerberus. I'd guess it's right on par with an Anderson or PSA rifle. Solid, entry level type AR.

I guess I won the right to buy it at $390 from an auction. How else would I win something for $390?

On Windham’s website they said their barrels are 4150, not 4140 and also Windham’s barrels are chrome-lined. Idk, does PSA or Anderson use 4150 and do they chrome-line their barrels?
FWIW, I was initially confused too. There’s two ways to understand this:

“I won a Windham AR15 worth $390 (in a raffle, or other promotional contest)”

or......

“I won an auction for a Windam AR15 at a price of $390.”
I too was confused by the wording of the post title. Even after reading the post it wasn't exactly clear; at least to me. It could have been a prize from a Nigerian Prince which only required $390 to process! :biggrinjester:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SQLGeek »

pbwalker wrote:
SQLGeek wrote:
pbwalker wrote:I'd guess it's right on par with an Anderson or PSA rifle. Solid, entry level type AR.
Heh. Hey I am all about the wiggle words.
Psalm 91:2

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

SQLGeek wrote:
pbwalker wrote:
SQLGeek wrote:
Heh. Hey I am all about the wiggle words.
It's a great skill for those in the tech industry! "rlol"

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

I have both Ruger and Bushmaster AR-15's in .223 /5.56 calibers and both are 'locked and cocked'. I suspect either or both will serve us well should the occasion arise.

After all is and said and done, it's not the price of the gun; but rather, the person behind the gun, eh?

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

cmgee67 wrote:Windom weaponry is made by the same people who used to make the real bushmasters. They same guys who used to send them overseas for our troops. When Remington bought bushmaster quality turned to crap as does most Remington products these days and the guys who made good products said no way and started their own company. A friend of mine has a windom and it’s a fantastic super high quality AR15. I think you will be served well.

I was informed the EXACT same thing the other day! They are on my short list of who I am going to buy from!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Topic author
ml1209
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ml1209 »

Oldgringo wrote: After all is and said and done, it's not the price of the gun; but rather, the person behind the gun, eh?

Please, don't ruin this thread with your common sense. :mrgreen:

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I think at $390 it's a win.

I can't remember winning an auction and feeling like I won or got a good deal. Glad it worked out for you. Happy shooting.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

mojo84 wrote:I think at $390 it's a win.

I can't remember winning an auction and feeling like I won or got a good deal. Glad it worked out for you. Happy shooting.
Same here. Should be a nice, basic AR.

Very good price. I don't own a Windham, but like others have heard of their Bushmaster lineage and that they're no less than decent weapons.

Good shooting!

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

popo22

Post by popo22 »

I carried a Bushmaster for over 25 years on patrol that I bought in the early 90's (when they were still decent). I ended up giving it to my daughter (yes she likes to shoot) so heard the story of Windham re-hiring most of the old Bushmaster craftsmen and starting over and I like their resolve. So I bought one of their "basic" AR's and put a 1-4x24 Vortex on it. I have put approximately 500 rounds of different ammo's through it with no issues. The one I have is a shooter and the fit and finish exceeds my old Bushmaster. I am consistently shooting "sub-MOA" groups with it and very happy. Good luck

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”