Does This AR Custom Build Look Okay?

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

jb2012
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Does This AR Custom Build Look Okay?

Post by jb2012 »

dino9832 wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:....OTH, like a folded up Keltec Sub-2000 and a suppressor, with 4 or 5 33-round Glock stick mags would fit nicely in a messenger bag, and it’s legal to carry past ‘06/‘07 signs. :evil2:
Not that I would ever do such a thing.....
But still.
A Keltec back brace, for medical reasons?..lol. Hey, people tend to not stare at medical hardware.

I found another deal for $750. The issue I'm having is, the ads been up for about a month and nobody's jumped on it. Buying used is a bit nerve wracking for the inexperienced buyer. At least the S/N was visible. I ran it through hotgunz.com and it didn't come back stolen.
Seems like it's too good to be true. But then again, the original build looked that way to me..lol.

Specs:
geissele 3 stage flat line trigger
nickel boron coated BCG
spikes tactical zombie hunter lower
vltor emod stock with upgraded buffer tube
a nice little scope with green laser attached
three 30 round magazines
100 rds of 223
Still hard to say without knowing what barrel, upper, hand guard etc. I would assume with a spikes lower and geissele trigger that everything else would be of the same quality. i.e. Most people aren't putting a $200 trigger into a $400 gun. Depending on what is in the upper I'd still lean towards overpriced, unless it truly is quality parts.

Topic author
dino9832
Posts in topic: 23

Post by dino9832 »

jb2012 wrote: Still hard to say without knowing what barrel, upper, hand guard etc. I would assume with a spikes lower and geissele trigger that everything else would be of the same quality. i.e. Most people aren't putting a $200 trigger into a $400 gun. Depending on what is in the upper I'd still lean towards overpriced, unless it truly is quality parts.
I asked. It's suppose to be a 16 inch Ares armor harpe upper with nickel boron bcg.
If it's not a killer deal, I might be able to get the price down.
Thanks.

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 6

Post by SQLGeek »

For that, I'd buy a Colt 6920 but then I'm not much interested in buying somebody's build unless I know them and the quality of the work they do. Thats just me

The 6920 won't have all of the bells and whistles but it will be a solid and quality rifle.
Psalm 91:2

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

SQLGeek wrote:For that, I'd buy a Colt 6920 but then I'm not much interested in buying somebody's build unless I know them and the quality of the work they do. Thats just me

The 6920 won't have all of the bells and whistles but it will be a solid and quality rifle.
The 6920 is a good choice, but whether he buys one of those, or one of the cheaper guns, from the wording of the ad, the seller doesn’t really know what he has. A “3 stage Geissele trigger? Geissele doesn’t make a 3 stage trigger. :roll: Plus, the “at least that’s what I’ve been told by multiple people”.

It MAY be a screaming deal, but the scope looks like a crap unit, and he doesn’t know enough about his own rifle for me to trust what he says about it.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Oldgringo »

If there is an Atwoods anywhere near you, they have S&W MP's for $500.

Topic author
dino9832

Post by dino9832 »

Yeah, I think TAM is correct in that the seller doesn't know what he has. Any respectable AR custom build owner would probably ramble off all the specs and then some!

So here's the plan. Get a stripped down $500 M&P Sport. Then accessorize, accessorize!
Besides, I can buy the Sport listed below over lunch today if they have it.
And the wife couldn't complain as once cent wouldn't come from the budget. Plus, it's a lot easier to pay $60 here and $120 there than justify spending over $1K on a rifle.
Wish me luck on them having it in stock! I might be doing some 5.56 shooting this weekend. :mrgreen:
S&W M&P15 Sport II 5.56mm, 30Rd, Nitrided Barrel, 16″ – 10202
$739.00 $499.99
Item Number
Caliber
5.56mm
The Smith & Wesson M&P 15 Sport II features a 16″ 1-9″ twist Nitrocauberized barrel. It has a 6-Position collapsible stock. The front sight is an adjustable A2 post sight and collapsible MBUS rear sight. It features a 30+1 capacity, dust cover, and forward assist.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Good luck and may the Force be with you. :lol:
Psalm 91:2

Topic author
dino9832

Post by dino9832 »

SQLGeek wrote:Good luck and may the Force be with you. :lol:
My wife will hate you guys. My neighbors will hate you.
But I just called and they have several in stock! Plus ammo. :mrgreen:

Thanks for turning this:
Into this:

cyphertext
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cyphertext »

dino9832 wrote:
cyphertext wrote:...Yep, the one TAM posted is the Sport Optics Ready Carbine... They also have a Sport with Magpul furniture from the factory....
Would it be more economical to get the Magpul furniture on the Sport from the factory? Seems like it would be. But, not necessarily.
It is actually just the fore end, not stock and grip... but I have seen it online at the same price as the standard Sport II, so it is a better buy.

mot7981
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mot7981 »

If you're inclined to go low budget, there is no shortage of available options out there to consider. CDNN has the following in stock:
Diamondback DB-15 for $399
Del-Ton Echo with a SOPMOD stock for $439
Ruger M&P Sport II for $499

All with free shipping and lifetime warranties. Good luck and let us know what you finally end up with.

Topic author
dino9832

Post by dino9832 »

I'm going to just take the plunge...today!
My wife will hate it. My neighbors will hate it! Living out in the country has it's benefits..lol. And hey, it's not like I don't hear gun shots going off all through the night.

Do you think the firearms store guys are packing heat? :headscratch
Let's just hope I don't get shot for dumping a load of change on the counter!..lol.
:fire

rotor
Posts in topic: 5

Post by rotor »

Right now Atwoods has the S&W M&P Sports II 10202 model for $500 on sale. There are several S&W models out there. Don't know if this is a great bargain or not but looks good and has sights which some models do not have.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-15-sport-ii

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

dino9832 wrote:Do you think the firearms store guys are packing heat?
Just about every locally owned firearms store I've been into the workers are carrying.

Don't recall every seeing armed associates at Academy, Cabelas, Bass Pro, etc.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

OK...... your FIRST purchase after you buy the gun: 1000 rounds of ammo, either 55 grain FMJ or 62 grain FMJ.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
dino9832

Post by dino9832 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:OK...... your FIRST purchase after you buy the gun: 1000 rounds of ammo, either 55 grain FMJ or 62 grain FMJ.
Okay, so I am the proud owner of a S&W Sport II! Big and HUGE kudos to Nagel's guns here in San Antonio! They didn't shoot me..lol.
Fast Eddie there hooked me up, and never once showed any sign of being annoyed. And they don't work on commission either.
I bought 100 rounds of Geco 55 grain FMJ ammo for $21.95 a box. More to follow for sure. The rifle was bought with embezzled(from my wife and I's budget) and gift money. Ammo is a consumable like gas and groceries..lol. So that came out of the budget. I could only justify 100 rounds for the time being. It's bad enough I just dropped around $50 on 9mm ammo earlier this week. And bought a gun belt. But hey...belts are CLOTHING!..lol.
A tip for you single guys, buy your toys before you even consider getting married! Wives cost. And wives mean kids. And kids really cost! They're great though, I wouldn't change a thing. :mrgreen: I've shot tons of "virtual" ammo in video games with the kids.

Come on 5:00pm, it's Friday! :hurry:

https://i.imgur.com/tBV4yfk.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ESx2EOZ.jpg

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”