What Kind of Accuracy from a Mossberg 20 ga with sabot slugs?

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Crash
Posts in topic: 1

What Kind of Accuracy from a Mossberg 20 ga with sabot slugs?

Post by Crash »

What kind of accuracy can I expect from a Mossberg Model 500 20 gauge with 24" bbl and sabot slugs (scope set at 4X). I've never shot a deer past 120 yds and most of them were closer (some far closer).

Thanks,

Crash

Weg
Posts in topic: 1

Re: What Kind of Accuracy from a Mossberg 20 ga with sabot slugs?

Post by Weg »

I have no experience with a 20 gauge, however, with a 12 gauge and a rifled shotgun barrel, using sabots, you should be able to get 3"-4" groups at 100 yards in my experience.

Daddio-on-patio
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Daddio-on-patio »

I picked up one several years ago for my son. Rifled barrel. Hornady sabots within a 4" group, consistently, at 80 yards. Dropped off a bit at 100 but well within the kill zone. Never shot it further than that. First thing (was my second but I learn the hard way) get a recoil pad for it. Bought a limbsaver that, in my opinion, is worth its weight in gold! Love the gun but it kicks like a mule!
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Daddio-on-patio
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Daddio-on-patio »

BTW. 6x42 fixed power scope....
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”