Freedom Lost

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1

The Annoyed Man

Re: Freedom Lost

Postby The Annoyed Man » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:14 pm

Riley wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:MY prediction is that, as those models used by police departments begin to drop off the list, the manufacturers of those models will begin refusing to ship their guns OR PARTS FOR THOSE GUNS into California's various LEO department armories

I wish that were true but those single source contracts are too lucrative for them to turn down.

But they would still have to comply with the requirement to provide guns that microstamp. As far as I know, there is no exception under the law for law enforcement. That would eventually eliminate even a willing participant in California's fascism.
"Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself."—Hookalakah Meshobbab
"I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes."—The Annoyed Boy
"Id aegre et in omnibus semper."—Quod Homo Aegre

Keith B

Postby Keith B » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:12 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
K.Mooneyham wrote:P.S. Make sure you go eat at Claim Jumpers, it's an excellent restaurant chain in the state.

......but DON'T wear a tie in there. It used to be that if you wore a tie into a Claim Jumpers, one of the waiters would take a pair of scissors to it, and tack the trophy to the "wall of ties".

There used to be a steak house in DFW that did that, Trail Dust. They were in Aubrey, Dallas, Irving and Mesquite. Had a slide in the middle of the restaurant for kids (small AND big ones). I had a tie on the wall in the Dallas store. They had pretty good steaks too. Sadly, they went out of business. :sad:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Pawpaw

Postby Pawpaw » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:55 pm

Keith B wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
K.Mooneyham wrote:P.S. Make sure you go eat at Claim Jumpers, it's an excellent restaurant chain in the state.

......but DON'T wear a tie in there. It used to be that if you wore a tie into a Claim Jumpers, one of the waiters would take a pair of scissors to it, and tack the trophy to the "wall of ties".

There used to be a steak house in DFW that did that, Trail Dust. They were in Aubrey, Dallas, Irving and Mesquite. Had a slide in the middle of the restaurant for kids (small AND big ones). I had a tie on the wall in the Dallas store. They had pretty good steaks too. Sadly, they went out of business. :sad:

The only problem with Trail Dust was that you needed hearing protection on Friday & Saturday nights. Forget having a conversation with others at your table.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin 1759

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Lambda Force

Postby Lambda Force » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:40 pm

I don't know if the Thordsen FRS is still an option for rifles that were not in Calistan on 1/1 but maybe worth looking into if you really want an AR in CA.

Return to “Other States”