Texas Reciprocity Map

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 6

Post by stevie_d_64 »

I got my Non-Res NH license in a very quick turn-around...

All you need to do is download the application, fill it out obviously, get a money order for the $20

Here's where I covered my bases...It had been said that they need to see ID's...

I made color copies of "both sides" of my DL, and my Texas CHL...

It took a few tries to get everything lined up everytime I reversed and repositioned the ID's on the printer...But I got them all on one sheet, and sent all of it off to NH...

I got the license back in about two weeks...

And since I travel occasionally, I keep it in the gunsafe the rest of the time...I don't have it with me while I'm in Texas...Keep the wear and tear down on it...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

CaptDave
Posts in topic: 1

Post by CaptDave »

I'm guessing I first read Stevie's post on or around the day he posted - Jan 6th.

I decided to apply for the N.H. since I drive through Alabama on my way to Floida on occasion. :cool:

If I didn't send off my application to N.H. on the 6th, it was probably on the 7th. :?:

I received my N.H. permit yesterday on the 20th!!! :anamatedbanana
"An armed society is a polite society"

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

CaptDave wrote:I'm guessing I first read Stevie's post on or around the day he posted - Jan 6th.

I decided to apply for the N.H. since I drive through Alabama on my way to Floida on occasion. :cool:

If I didn't send off my application to N.H. on the 6th, it was probably on the 7th. :?:

I received my N.H. permit yesterday on the 20th!!! :anamatedbanana
Be kinda neat to see one that generates a "interactive colored map", like the one on the first post, based upon the permits you enter into the program...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

jbirds1210
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jbirds1210 »

+1 that would be a great idea for Texas! Speed up the process a bit.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by KBCraig »

stevie_d_64 wrote: Be kinda neat to see one that generates a "interactive colored map", like the one on the first post, based upon the permits you enter into the program...
Isn't that what the "license tool" does on PDO? Or does it just give you a list?

Kevin

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

KBCraig wrote:
stevie_d_64 wrote: Be kinda neat to see one that generates a "interactive colored map", like the one on the first post, based upon the permits you enter into the program...
Isn't that what the "license tool" does on PDO? Or does it just give you a list?

Kevin
Kevin:
It only give a list, no map, unless it has changed recently.

Chas.

jbirds1210
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jbirds1210 »

If someone would commit to the graphic portion of a map (I am not computer guru), I would be more than happy to compile or find a current list and verify with the states individual websites. Thanks.
Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

KBCraig wrote:

Kevin
Just a list...That is useful in and of itself...But I think its neat to have a graphic "map" displaying the info...
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

mschadt
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mschadt »

Someone might want to dubble/tripple check me on these I already caught a few errors.

Green accepts Texas permits, Red is... well... red is red

Green accepts Texas permits and Yellow is what accepts the Non-Resident New Hampshire permits.

Green accepts Texas permits and Yellow is what accepts the Non-Resident Utah permits.

Green accepts Texas permits and Yellow is what accepts the Non-Resident Florida permits.

Once again someone please dubble check me on these.

[credit]This is the website I used to make these[/credit] <-- Hey whata you know those Aggies ARE good for something.

John

Post by John »

Wow... awesome... There might be an error though. according to the license tool at PDO, the Utah Non-Res is good in NH.

This map might be my new wallpaper :lol: thank you!
JohnC

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

John wrote:Wow... awesome... There might be an error though. according to the license tool at PDO, the Utah Non-Res is good in NH.
But according to the NH page, NH only accepts resident licenses, not a non-res from Utah (nor anywhere else).

The NHSP page is ambiguous on resident/non-resident licenses from other states.

Kevin

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

mschadt wrote:Someone might want to dubble/tripple check me on these I already caught a few errors.
Good work...I like it...

One thing though...

I thought we were good through Indiana, even without the NH non-res permit...I even have to go check that out, but thats just what I thought...

Thats per the Texas/New Hampshire combo deal...

But hey, if we get the maps here figured out, (and make them printable) and keep them maintained...I won't ever ever have to go anywhere else to get my information...

I like it here better anyway...
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

mschadt

Post by mschadt »

stevie_d_64 wrote: I thought we were good through Indiana, even without the NH non-res permit...I even have to go check that out, but thats just what I thought...

Thats per the Texas/New Hampshire combo deal...
Right you are good sir. Consider it fixed, you might have to do a hard refresh (ctrl refesh / ctrl F5) to see the change.

I was half asleep when I did those I wouldn't be surprised if there were more errors. If anyone wants it, I can post the excel spread sheet I used to sort it all out. It's really just info from PDO somewhat slightly organized.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Great job! :thumbsup: When you're happy with the final product, I can copy the images to my web site and put a link to them in the links section. Alternatively, if you want to post the map images somewhere else so you can maintain them, just send me the link and I'll put it in the Links section.

Regards,
Chas.

mschadt

Post by mschadt »

I just went over the maps again and found an error on the Texas/Florida map. I had New Hampshire as yellow but they don't accept non-res FL permits so I fixed that. As far as I can tell, they are now error free.

I must however make the disclaimer that; before anyone rely on this information they double check the current validity for them selves.

Charles, I would be honored if you placed these maps on your server. You may need to credit the website I linked at the bottom of my first post. It was their site that did all the work I simply provided it with the information I got from packing.org.

Return to “Other States”