chasfm11
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Oklahoma Open Carry becomes law

Post by chasfm11 »

Right2Carry wrote:
seeker_two wrote:
pbwalker wrote:
seeker_two wrote:
fickman wrote:It's amazing what can happen in a truly conservative state.
True...esp. in a truly conservative state that has a state rifle association that is NOT run by a CHL-Instructor mafia..... :rules:

....OK, Texans....are we really as free & RKBA as the rest of the country thinks we are?..... :totap:
That OK can pass Open Carry but TX can't even get it up to discuss in the Legislature?....yep....why aren't you?.... :headscratch
Yep I sure the heck am! Gotta say makes this nativetexan think about moving to OK! I am tired of watching those guys pass pro 2A legislation first while we have to do the Texas Two Step with our so called Pro Gun Legislators!
Two words: Joe Strauss.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

RSJ
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RSJ »

Been in Tulsa for a year or so. Haven't seen one gunbusters or 30.06 style "no gun" sign.
NRA Member

speedsix
Posts in topic: 2

Post by speedsix »

Heartland Patriot wrote:I can't seem to remember this one, so someone help me out please. Is it legal to open carry on YOUR OWN PROPERTY, or PROPERTY UNDER YOUR DIRECT CONTROL (such as a property you are renting/leasing) in the State of Texas? Yes, I know about "in a manner calculated to alarm". I'm not talking about walking down a street open carrying, but only on one's own property. (This was part of the bill that was signed into law in OK.)

...yes, it is...

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

Yep I sure the heck am! Gotta say makes this nativetexan think about moving to OK! I am tired of watching those guys pass pro 2A legislation first while we have to do the Texas Two Step with our so called Pro Gun Legislators!
Two words: Joe Strauss.
I agree 1000 percent! Joe Strauss needs to go and the sooner the better!
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

steveincowtown
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by steveincowtown »

Uh oh. According to board legend, signs will be going up everywhere they can be placed. Carry will be restricted for all and the police will get constant MWAG calls and have no idea how to handle them. :roll:

....we shall see.

Part of the issue here in Texas is that tons of people think we have it so great with the 30.06 signs. I would much rather have a law like VA's that says a signs is effective notice, but if your didn't notice the sign the property owner still must ask you to leave, and you must refuse to, before you can be charged with trespassing.
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

jeffrw

Post by jeffrw »

flb_78 wrote:Congrats to Oklahoma. Hopefully they'll be able to remove the license requirement to open carry someday.
Funny you should mention that. This isn't about OC directly, but Governor Fallin just signed a bill stating that if you're a resident of a state that doesn't require a permit for CC, you can carry concealed in OK. You would just need to show your driver's license from, say, Vermont or Arizona: http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article. ... KLAHO50901

This seems odd to me. if you have licensing requirements for your own residents and believe that they are necessary for safety, I am not sure why you would accept a license from another state with less stringent requirements (or in this case, none at all). Perhaps this is an indication that the OK legislature wouldn't be averse to loosening their requirements or eliminating them altogether.

JJVP

Post by JJVP »

Heartland Patriot wrote:I can't seem to remember this one, so someone help me out please. Is it legal to open carry on YOUR OWN PROPERTY, or PROPERTY UNDER YOUR DIRECT CONTROL (such as a property you are renting/leasing) in the State of Texas? Yes, I know about "in a manner calculated to alarm". I'm not talking about walking down a street open carrying, but only on one's own property. (This was part of the bill that was signed into law in OK.)
Yes it is legal in TX to open carry in your property or property under your direct control. Have you ever been to a gun store? Almost every gun store I have been to, the employees are open carrying inside the store. Never seen anyone arrested, even though I have seen plenty of policemen shopping there.
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

seeker_two wrote:
True...esp. in a truly conservative state that has a state rifle association that is NOT run by a CHL-Instructor mafia..... :rules:

....OK, Texans....are we really as free & RKBA as the rest of the country thinks we are?..... :totap:
Who do you mean?

Chas.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

seeker_two wrote:

To paraphrase and old song by Brewer and Shipley....... that goes "One 'step' over the line". IMHO
Last edited by puma guy on Thu May 17, 2012 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

DesertRadioRat

Post by DesertRadioRat »

Can you still carry concealed...in an open carry state?

Open Carry just seems like way to a bunch of daily trouble I don't need. No disrespect to anyone, but it's just not for me.

steveincowtown
Banned

Post by steveincowtown »

DesertRadioRat wrote: Open Carry just seems like way to a bunch of daily trouble I don't need. No disrespect to anyone, but it's just not for me.
OC'd for years (VA) without a single issue. That being said, if it is not for you, that is A OK with me, as long as you don't have any plans of standing in the way of me trying to exercise that right. ;-)

Back on topic, can't wait to vacation in OK.
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

DesertRadioRat

Post by DesertRadioRat »

steveincowtown wrote:
DesertRadioRat wrote: Open Carry just seems like way to a bunch of daily trouble I don't need. No disrespect to anyone, but it's just not for me.
OC'd for years (VA) without a single issue. That being said, if it is not for you, that is A OK with me, as long as you don't have any plans of standing in the way of me trying to exercise that right. ;-)

Did you...or do you...do the kind of work, where you could open carry?

steveincowtown
Banned

Post by steveincowtown »

DesertRadioRat wrote:
steveincowtown wrote:

Did you...or do you...do the kind of work, where you could open carry?
If the implication is was I an LEO....no. Just a resident of VA. That being said, I will admit that I look and dress very conservatively. I also do ride motorcycles and carried when I was dressed in leathers and looked quite different.

Never. Ever. A problem.
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

smoothoperator

Post by smoothoperator »

DesertRadioRat wrote:Open Carry just seems like way to a bunch of daily trouble I don't need. No disrespect to anyone, but it's just not for me.
You're thinking of a FORD.

DesertRadioRat

Post by DesertRadioRat »

steveincowtown wrote:
If the implication is was I an LEO....no. Just a resident of VA. That being said, I will admit that I look and dress very conservatively. I also do ride motorcycles and carried when I was dressed in leathers and looked quite different.

Never. Ever. A problem.
Oh no, not at all. That didn't even occur to me. Please understand, I'm not being aggressive at all as, I was thinking more about my job than yours. I'm in a very public occupation and open carry would not be a good idea-for me. That's why I wondered if an Open Carry law, meant you couldn't carry concealed anymore. Truthfully, I haven't given the issue much thought at all, as I never thought it might be possible. But with the passage in Oklahoma, it could happen somewhere down the line.

Return to “Other States”