Did NRA just kill Constitutional Carry in North Carolina?

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
LSUTiger
Posts in topic: 2

Did NRA just kill Constitutional Carry in North Carolina?

Post by LSUTiger »

Thoughts? Opinions?

Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

Topic author
LSUTiger

Re: Did NRA just kill Constitutional Carry in North Carolina?

Post by LSUTiger »

My thoughts are that while at the present moment the training requirements are very ill defined and unenforceable but having them sets a dangerous precedent and the state could later change what is required and track it making it enforceable or difficult or impossible to comply with.
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Post by C-dub »

If the bill was going to require testing, training, and finger printing as a condition to “Constitutional Carry” that doesn’t sound much like real CC and I’m not surprised the NRA would oppose that bill. If passed, I think it would set a bad precedent.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

My reaction:Image
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

C-dub wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 5:24 pm If the bill was going to require testing, training, and finger printing as a condition to “Constitutional Carry” that doesn’t sound much like real CC and I’m not surprised the NRA would oppose that bill. If passed, I think it would set a bad precedent.
:iagree:

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

Definitions of words are critical. That bill is not Constitutional Carry.
If that bill was passed, then someone is trying to redefine CC.
I think the NRA did the right thing.
Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

LSUTiger wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 4:58 pm My thoughts are that while at the present moment the training requirements are very ill defined and unenforceable but having them sets a dangerous precedent and the state could later change what is required and track it making it enforceable or difficult or impossible to comply with.
:iagree: We have had vague legislation here in Texas that continues to be problematic and to put oiin a requirement that doesn't require verification until perhaps a police officer or DA decides to require it opens a giant can of worms. In my opinion based on his rhetoric the guy on the video is anti NRA from the start. He offers no real facts that the NRA wasn't involved in getting the bill written. The Republicans in NC appear far too wishy washy on the subject of the 2nd Amendment in my opinion. Maybe some relatives of Phelan in their state house.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

flowrie wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 6:17 am Definitions of words are critical. That bill is not Constitutional Carry.
If that bill was passed, then someone is trying to redefine CC.
I think the NRA did the right thing.
:thumbs2:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “Other States”