Going to Oklahoma, couple questions

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
oohrah
Posts in topic: 5

Going to Oklahoma, couple questions

Post by oohrah »

I'll be going to Oklahoma City next month for a college sporting event being held in the Chesapeake Energy Arena (which is not any school property). I know I can carry with my Texas CHL, but this will be my first time carrying out of Texas.

1. My research finds that OK bans CC in professional sporting events, but doesn't say anything about schools, so it would apppear to be ok to carry at a college sporting event if it was not on school property. Am I reading this correctly?

2. Anybody here from OKC know whether the Chesapeake Energy Arena prohibits firearms or does metal detector checks. I know a lot of these venues do bag and scanner checks.

thanks
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

03Lightningrocks

Re: Going to Oklahoma, couple questions

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I can't answer your questions but I have been told Oklahoma smells funny. You might want to take a gas mask of some kind.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Keith B »

oohrah wrote:I'll be going to Oklahoma City next month for a college sporting event being held in the Chesapeake Energy Arena (which is not any school property). I know I can carry with my Texas CHL, but this will be my first time carrying out of Texas.

1. My research finds that OK bans CC in professional sporting events, but doesn't say anything about schools, so it would apppear to be ok to carry at a college sporting event if it was not on school property. Am I reading this correctly?

2. Anybody here from OKC know whether the Chesapeake Energy Arena prohibits firearms or does metal detector checks. I know a lot of these venues do bag and scanner checks.

thanks
Here is a reference that addresses school property http://handgunlaw.us/states/oklahoma.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don'r see anything about school functions off of school owned property, but that doesn't mean this document is all inclusive either.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

TxRVer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TxRVer »

I know a guy in OK and sent your questions to him. I'll pass on his response when I get it.
Charlie

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

All I know about OK is they ban CCing calibers larger than .45 (I *think* .460 Rowland is ok since it's still a .45 bullet, but .50GI and .50AE are out).

You should double-check this before relying on it... I could be wrong.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

03Lightningrocks wrote:I can't answer your questions but I have been told Oklahoma smells funny. You might want to take a gas mask of some kind.
I have heard that Oklahoma doesn't like wise guys either, so maybe you should stay home. :cool:
NRA Endowment Member

03Lightningrocks

WildBill wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:I can't answer your questions but I have been told Oklahoma smells funny. You might want to take a gas mask of some kind.
I have heard that Oklahoma doesn't like wise guys either, so maybe you should stay home. :cool:
They are Yankees after all.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

WildBill wrote:
UH OH! :leaving

FML

Post by FML »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
WildBill wrote:I have heard that Oklahoma doesn't like wise guys either, so maybe you should stay home. :cool:
They are Yankees after all.
Dey was from Joisey!

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

TxRVer wrote:I know a guy in OK and sent your questions to him. I'll pass on his response when I get it.
Sorry, he didn't know the answers either.
Charlie

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

CC in OK is caliber limited to .45 caliber or smaller, so don't carry your .500 S&W Magnum. :smilelol5:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

You also cannot CC more than one.

apostate

Post by apostate »

carlson1 wrote:You also cannot CC more than one.
What's your source for that?

03Lightningrocks

apostate wrote:
carlson1 wrote:You also cannot CC more than one.
What's your source for that?
I am not sure of his source and I am sure he will respond, but I have heard the exact same thing. It may have been on this forum. :???:

OK.... You inspired me to try and find it. I see nothing in their laws limiting how many guns you can carry. It may be there but I can't find it. Maybe you can...

http://www.ok.gov/osbi/Handgun_Licensing/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I did find this

44. How many weapons may I carry on my person or in my vehicle?

There is nothing in statute that addresses this question, therefore the OSBI cannot offer any advice or guidance. We encourage you to check with the sheriff's office and other law enforcement agencies in your county of residence.

Return to “Other States”