Going to Oklahoma, couple questions

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Going to Oklahoma, couple questions

Post by carlson1 »

apostate wrote:
carlson1 wrote:You also cannot CC more than one.
What's your source for that?
I do not have Statue. That was direct from a State Trooper in Broken Bow. When we travel to Broken Bow I always put the extra in the 5th wheel.

I have came across this twice and both times have in Broken Bow, Oklahoma while staying in the Beaver's Bend State Park.

Topic author
oohrah
Posts in topic: 5

Post by oohrah »

thanks for the responses. I guess I'l just leave my carry in the car until I'm sure.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

oohrah wrote:thanks for the responses. I guess I'l just leave my carry in the car until I'm sure.
Take some time and read that link I posted. It has your answers. No need to be unsure if you just look it up yourself. Here... I copied it to make it easy ...

http://www.ok.gov/osbi/Handgun_Licensing/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

carlson1 wrote:
apostate wrote:
carlson1 wrote:You also cannot CC more than one.
What's your source for that?
I do not have Statue. That was direct from a State Trooper in Broken Bow. When we travel to Broken Bow I always put the extra in the 5th wheel.

I have came across this twice and both times have in Broken Bow, Oklahoma while staying in the Beaver's Bend State Park.
Don't believe the Trooper. Such a thing is nowhere in the law. Look up the Self Defense Act and it's revisions.
:mad5
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Topic author
oohrah

Post by oohrah »

yes, I read the link, thanks. I meant I would check out the arena first before carrying there, so I wouldn't have to go back and disarm, I won't have a car handy.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

oohrah wrote:yes, I read the link, thanks. I meant I would check out the arena first before carrying there, so I wouldn't have to go back and disarm, I won't have a car handy.
I don't blame you for wanting to check out the arena first. I have made the mistake of carrying to an arena before and had to walk half a mile to my car and back to put my gun away. :mad5 To say it was frustrating would be the understatement of the year

XDR1
Posts in topic: 1

Post by XDR1 »

I go to school here in OKC. Chesapeake arena does not allow firearms into the building. There was actually a shooting a couple years ago outside that put them in the news for not allowing carry: http://newsok.com/article/3677796/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here it is on their website: http://www.chesapeakearena.com/plan/ind ... tguide#310" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
oohrah

Post by oohrah »

XDR1, thanks for those links.
USMC, Retired

Topic author
oohrah

Post by oohrah »

Thought I would give an update on my OK experience for fellow Texas CHLers traveling to OK. OK of course, recognizes TX CHL. OK does not have the equivalent of the Texas 30.06 sign, but they do allow private property owners and businesses to post gun-buster signs. The interesting thing is that those signs do not have the force of law like the 30.06 sign. If you are discovered to be carrying and they ask you to leave, you must leave or you can be charged with trespass. They also have restricted places as well, that info is easy to find with a web search. This all pertains to concealed carry only, as OK has separate laws for open carry.

For my specific question, yes, the Chesapeake Energy Arena is posted with gun-buster signs and language. It is a professional sport arena, which is prohibited by statute. Altho I was attending a college event, I decided not to be a test case.

Just my opinions, not legal advice. Hope this helps.
USMC, Retired

RetNavy

Post by RetNavy »

I will be traveling through OK this weekend, checked out CC laws and was amused that CC carrying was legal at rest stops but NOT IN BUILDINGS..... reasoning behind that i guess is the no carry allowed in local, state, federal builds owned or leased.. guess the McDonald's overlooking I-44 is off limits to me.... hopefully any rest stops have large enough trees... ;-)
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

nightmare
Deactivated until real name is provided

Post by nightmare »

RetNavy wrote:I will be traveling through OK this weekend, checked out CC laws and was amused that CC carrying was legal at rest stops but NOT IN BUILDINGS..... reasoning behind that i guess is the no carry allowed in local, state, federal builds owned or leased.. guess the McDonald's overlooking I-44 is off limits to me.... hopefully any rest stops have large enough trees... ;-)
If they catch you, it looks like you have to pay $250 and pick up the garbage. http://oklegal.onenet.net/oklegal-cgi/g ... -1277.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Equo ne credite, Teucri. Quidquid id est, timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

RetNavy

Post by RetNavy »

RetNavy wrote: guess the McDonald's overlooking I-44 is off limits to me.... hopefully any rest stops have large enough trees... ;-)
Will not have to find out.... its closed down,,, either being refurbished or being demolished
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

gwtrikenut

Post by gwtrikenut »

My question is, if we go through a background check, and are given the right to open carry in Oklahoma, why are we also then restricted in where we can carry? I mean, we have been found lawful, and the state has said we can open carry in Oklahoma, but now we are restricted to not carry in state buildings. Now does that make sense? Texas allows one to carry in the state capital building. We can open carry in Oklahoma, but not in a rest area building. Where is the common sense in this Oklahoma? :smash:

txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

gwtrikenut wrote:My question is, if we go through a background check, and are given the right to open carry in Oklahoma, why are we also then restricted in where we can carry? I mean, we have been found lawful, and the state has said we can open carry in Oklahoma, but now we are restricted to not carry in state buildings. Now does that make sense? Texas allows one to carry in the state capital building. We can open carry in Oklahoma, but not in a rest area building. Where is the common sense in this Oklahoma? :smash:
Their state, their rules.
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

gwtrikenut wrote:My question is, if we go through a background check, and are given the right to open carry in Oklahoma, why are we also then restricted in where we can carry? I mean, we have been found lawful, and the state has said we can open carry in Oklahoma, but now we are restricted to not carry in state buildings. Now does that make sense? Texas allows one to carry in the state capital building. We can open carry in Oklahoma, but not in a rest area building. Where is the common sense in this Oklahoma? :smash:
Dunno... Have you asked them? Maybe they have a reason. I mean, for the life of me, I can't figure one out, either, but maybe they know something you & I don't.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Return to “Other States”