Just got my MO CCW license

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
SigM4
Posts in topic: 2

Just got my MO CCW license

Post by SigM4 »

And wouldn't you know it, my address is screwed up. The form and records that they gave me with my license has the correct info, but on the license itself my address has an extra number. Oh well, since the county sheriff issues them (prints them on a card machine in-front of you) it should be an easy fix. Still, thats what I get for not checking it before I walked out...
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

jmra

Re: Just got my MO CCW license

Post by jmra »

SigM4 wrote:And wouldn't you know it, my address is screwed up. The form and records that they gave me with my license has the correct info, but on the license itself my address has an extra number. Oh well, since the county sheriff issues them (prints them on a card machine in-front of you) it should be an easy fix. Still, thats what I get for not checking it before I walked out...
Congrats.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Topic author
SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

Thanks. It's bit of letdown to know that you can't skip the NICS check when purchasing a firearm with a MO CCP (had it wrong earlier) like I used to do in Texas, and a lot of government buildings (state and local) are off-limits. I do however like the language of a lot of their statues as it relates to firearms in vehicles at these off-limits locations. Most of them end with "Possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premise of [insert facility in question] shall not be a criminal offense so long as the firearm is not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premise." Pretty clear without much room for interpretation. Also, no 30.06 to worry about. Any business can post a generic "No guns" sign, but the worst that happens is they can ask you to leave if found out. If you don't, then its a misdemeanor.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

SigM4 wrote:Thanks. It's bit of letdown to know that you can't skip the NICS check when purchasing a firearm with a MO CCP (had it wrong earlier) like I used to do in Texas, and a lot of government buildings (state and local) are off-limits. I do however like the language of a lot of their statues as it relates to firearms in vehicles at these off-limits locations. Most of them end with "Possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premise of [insert facility in question] shall not be a criminal offense so long as the firearm is not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premise." Pretty clear without much room for interpretation. Also, no 30.06 to worry about. Any business can post a generic "No guns" sign, but the worst that happens is they can ask you to leave if found out. If you don't, then its a misdemeanor.
And if you read the statutes further you will notice if you carry into a prohibited place by accident and they find you with a gun it is not a crime unless you refuse to leave. :thumbs2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

jmra

Post by jmra »

Keith B wrote:
SigM4 wrote:Thanks. It's bit of letdown to know that you can't skip the NICS check when purchasing a firearm with a MO CCP (had it wrong earlier) like I used to do in Texas, and a lot of government buildings (state and local) are off-limits. I do however like the language of a lot of their statues as it relates to firearms in vehicles at these off-limits locations. Most of them end with "Possession of a firearm in a vehicle on the premise of [insert facility in question] shall not be a criminal offense so long as the firearm is not removed from the vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premise." Pretty clear without much room for interpretation. Also, no 30.06 to worry about. Any business can post a generic "No guns" sign, but the worst that happens is they can ask you to leave if found out. If you don't, then its a misdemeanor.
And if you read the statutes further you will notice if you carry into a prohibited place by accident and they find you with a gun it is not a crime unless you refuse to leave. :thumbs2:
That is a very nice provision.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

1blonde_qt
Posts in topic: 1

Post by 1blonde_qt »

I am in Missouri for the moment..it is nice that if you carry into a posted area there are no legal ramifications as long as you leave if told too..the only exception I can find is for public transit (which I don't use anyway), but it's a felony in Mo to have a firearm on public transportation..I thought it would be good to mention in case anyone from this forum visits Missouri, might save them some legal issues.

http://www.missouricarry.com/apply-for- ... trictions/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

1blonde_qt wrote:I am in Missouri for the moment..it is nice that if you carry into a posted area there are no legal ramifications as long as you leave if told too..the only exception I can find is for public transit (which I don't use anyway), but it's a felony in Mo to have a firearm on public transportation..I thought it would be good to mention in case anyone from this forum visits Missouri, might save them some legal issues.

http://www.missouricarry.com/apply-for- ... trictions/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good point. If you live in the St. Louis area and ride the light rail or bus it could be a problem. I always forget about that one since I am usually not in the metro areas, and if I am I don't take public transpiration.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “Other States”