Arizona Non-Resident CHL - Has anyone done this?

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

RetNavy
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Arizona Non-Resident CHL - Has anyone done this?

Post by RetNavy »

WCDUB wrote:I want to go the AZ. route for a concealed carry license because it requires less time and expense
(lower fee,and they accept DD-214 as satisfaction of training requirement). I have my DD-214,but
not the "member-4 page". Does anyone know if Az. requires the member-4 page, or if they will
accept the DD-214,without the member-4 page? Any help will be appreciated.
applied for AZ license... sent off for the package.... took the fingerprint card to sheriff station, didnt cost anything for me.... dont fill out the top in case they have the computer setup for prints,,,, they printed it out..... sent in my entire package that i submitted for TX CHL which included the DD-214 and CHL-100 and about 5 weeks later received the AZ license
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

WCDUB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WCDUB »

I am a Texas resident,and I obtained an Arizona CCP,no problems.Took about 5 weeks.Got my fingerprints done at a
business that does passport photos($30.00).There are less expensive options,but this business is close to my residence.

trueno
Posts in topic: 3

Post by trueno »

I'm a Texas resident, have a Utah permit in place of the Texas ripoff. What are the chances that AZ will accept a Utah non-res permit as proof of "training"?

t
"...kill 'em all an smash the eggs"

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

trueno wrote:I'm a Texas resident, have a Utah permit in place of the Texas ripoff. What are the chances that AZ will accept a Utah non-res permit as proof of "training"?

t
Their phone number is posted on the website. Call them and ask them.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

trueno

Post by trueno »

Dropped the paperwork for an AZ permit in the mail on May 12, received my permit in the mail on June 10. To further emphasize the quickness of the process, it was postmarked June 5.

t

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Syntyr »

trueno wrote:Dropped the paperwork for an AZ permit in the mail on May 12, received my permit in the mail on June 10. To further emphasize the quickness of the process, it was postmarked June 5.

t
Headed to Las Vegas in October and was disappointed to see that Nevada still does not honor Texas CHL holders. So I just emailed my request to Arizona for their permit. Seems pretty straightforward and easy to obtain. Also cheap only $60. Will post a timeline on how it works out.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

trueno

Post by trueno »

Syntyr wrote:Headed to Las Vegas in OctoberWill post a timeline on how it works out.
Have you planned out where to get your prints done?

t

Return to “Other States”