Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
jmra
Posts in topic: 3

Best CC States Worst to First

Post by jmra »

Thought this was interesting
http://www.washingtontimes.com/multimed ... urce=AD-FB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

mojo84

Re: Best CC States Worst to First

Post by mojo84 »

Wish I could see it without having to click through 51 pages of ads. That drives me crazy.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Keith B »

This is one person's ranking and is totally off IMO. For example they rank Missouri as number 29 and state 'there are a slew of locales in-state where carry is banned'. This is totally bogus as the state has preemption laws on concealed carry as well as licensed open carry. Additionally, for any off-limits location it's only a criminal act if you are found carrying and refuse to leave. if a police officer is called and you don't leave, they will issue you a ticket for a class C and a fine. It takes three times of this to lose your license.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
jmra

Post by jmra »

mojo84 wrote:Wish I could see it without having to click through 51 pages of ads. That drives me crazy.
Yep. Tried to find a more user friendly way to view it.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Topic author
jmra

Post by jmra »

Keith B wrote:This is one person's ranking and is totally off IMO. For example they rank Missouri as number 29 and state 'there are a slew of locales in-state where carry is banned'. This is totally bogus as the state has preemption laws on concealed carry as well as licensed open carry. Additionally, for any off-limits location it's only a criminal act if you are found carrying and refuse to leave. if a police officer is called and you don't leave, they will issue you a ticket for a class C and a fine. It takes three times of this to lose your license.
:iagree:
There were a number I didn't agree with.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

mojo84 wrote:Wish I could see it without having to click through 51 pages of ads. That drives me crazy.
Exactly!

VMI77
Posts in topic: 2

Post by VMI77 »

I tried it just to see what the ad issue was. Running Firefox with No Script I saw zero ad problems. Not a single pop-up. That suggests to me that allowing Flash is the source of your ad problem.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

VMI77 wrote:I tried it just to see what the ad issue was. Running Firefox with No Script I saw zero ad problems. Not a single pop-up. That suggests to me that allowing Flash is the source of your ad problem.

Did you have to click thru multiple pages to see all of the locations? Did those pages not have any advertisements on them?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

mojo84 wrote:
VMI77 wrote:I tried it just to see what the ad issue was. Running Firefox with No Script I saw zero ad problems. Not a single pop-up. That suggests to me that allowing Flash is the source of your ad problem.

Did you have to click thru multiple pages to see all of the locations? Did those pages not have any advertisements on them?
I didn't go through all 50...didn't want to spend the time....I clicked "next" for states ranked 50 through 35 or so....didn't see any ads. One click on "next" took me to the next best ranked state. IOW, one click per state.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

That's why they do it that way. If they wanted you to have useful info, it would be in a table or something. They get paid on how many clicks the story gets.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

K5GU

Post by K5GU »

There should be a regulation similar to the "video gaming seizure warnings" on sights like that. BTW, the Washington Times article is taking information from Guns and Ammo Mag (Keith Wood).
http://www.gunsandammo.com/network-topi ... ners-2015/
That sight has a few ads but a more readable review of the topic, IMO.
A quick compare of those websites causes me to believe they use the same marketing web authors, etc.
Life is good.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Yeah, I've learned it's all about the clicks.

Interesting to see the different perspectives and how much weight they put on the various aspects.

K5GU

Post by K5GU »

Another method I use to avoid too much extra clutter is to use the Reader View. I use the MS Edge browser for that as it seems to be better for me. You will see some imbedded pics but no wildly flashing thingies.
Life is good.

RedDragonBrass

Post by RedDragonBrass »

I'm glad to see California where I live is not the worst, Non lethal weapons are a big hit here. Being safe and being legal is like walking a tight rope. That's all I got!
Reload Often and shoot when you can.
http://reddragonbrass.com

Return to “Other States”