TX CHL no longer valid in Minnesota

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

PitBoss
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TX CHL no longer valid in Minnesota

Post by PitBoss »

before changing Texas laws to conform to other states' requirements, I would rather see more focus and energy on passing the national reciprocity legislation currently filed... this 'state by state' reciprocity is more of a hassle than it needs be...

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Also being discussed here. viewtopic.php?f=23&t=79165
Last edited by mojo84 on Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

CleverNickname
Posts in topic: 2

Post by CleverNickname »

PitBoss wrote:before changing Texas laws to conform to other states' requirements, I would rather see more focus and energy on passing the national reciprocity legislation currently filed... this 'state by state' reciprocity is more of a hassle than it needs be...
No reason we couldn't work towards both. Since one would be in Congress and the other would be in the Texas Legislature, they wouldn't be competing.

CedarElm7

Post by CedarElm7 »

In the meantime ... in order to cover Minnesota, is getting a Nevada non-resident license the easiest way to go?
*Texas CHL* *NRA* *TSRA* *SAF* *GOA* *NSSF* Μολών Λαβέ

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

CleverNickname I wouldn't have a problem with it. Especially if all it took was a portrait mode license for under 21, and landscape mode license for 21+. I mean if that's all it takes to increase reciprocity, seems a pretty simple fix. Since it is done with drivers licenses, can't be too terribly difficult to do for a CHL.
NRA Benefactor Member

Return to “Other States”