Vacation in Branson

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
txglock21
Posts in topic: 3

Vacation in Branson

Post by txglock21 »

I went on vacation last week to Branson, MO. Got there on Sunday evening and left Friday morning. I just have to say it was probably the second best vacation I have ever had! The people were friendly and the gun laws are for the most part are like Texas'. Conceal carried every place we went except Silver Dollar City amusement park. I wouldn't recommend carrying there even if it was legal because I stayed soaking wet from some of the rides all day. The area is beautiful and so much to see and do we hardly had time to do it. I described it as Las Vegas for families. My 12 year old daughter absolutely loved it. I didn't see a single sign except at the amusement park prohibiting licensed carry. Always on the lookout for other c/cer's, I "think" I noticed 3 others carrying at different places. We will definitely be going back next year! BTW, the hottest day it got up to 95 degrees and the locals were losing their minds. I think it was the same day it was 106 in Dallas! "rlol" Anyway, if you are looking for a great family vacation in the future, I highly recommend Branson and the surrounding area. :tiphat: Sorry if this maybe should have been in Off Topic section, but I tried to keep it gun related.
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

allisji
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Vacation in Branson

Post by allisji »

Where did you stay?

I haven't been to Branson in probably 15 years or so. My family used to go there when I was kid. We would go every year at Thanksgiving and stay at Roark Resort just outside of old downtown Branson. This year my mom booked two condos for Thanksgiving at the same resort we used to go to as kids, and my sister and her family are coming from Pittsburgh and my brother and his wife in Virginia are all meeting us there.

I'm taking my wife and kids again next year in May. We're going to the Bluegreen Vacations Wilderness Club at Big Cedar Lodge, just south of Branson. The one that Bass Pro Shops is always pushing.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Topic author
txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

allisji wrote:Where did you stay?

I haven't been to Branson in probably 15 years or so. My family used to go there when I was kid. We would go every year at Thanksgiving and stay at Roark Resort just outside of old downtown Branson. This year my mom booked two condos for Thanksgiving at the same resort we used to go to as kids, and my sister and her family are coming from Pittsburgh and my brother and his wife in Virginia are all meeting us there.

I'm taking my wife and kids again next year in May. We're going to the Bluegreen Vacations Wilderness Club at Big Cedar Lodge, just south of Branson. The one that Bass Pro Shops is always pushing.
Sorry it took so long to answer back, meetings all morning. :banghead: We stayed first two nights at Stonecastle Motel (I think that's the name) and the last 3 nights at the Radisson. No complaints with either, just had special discounts at both hotels. We might be back there at the same time, at the same place. Yes, we got sucked in to buying the time share through Bluegreen Vacations. Took the tour of Big Cedar and that's why we will be going back next year. :cheers2:

allisji
Posts in topic: 2

Post by allisji »

txglock21 wrote:

Sorry it took so long to answer back, meetings all morning. :banghead: We stayed first two nights at Stonecastle Motel (I think that's the name) and the last 3 nights at the Radisson. No complaints with either, just had special discounts at both hotels. We might be back there at the same time, at the same place. Yes, we got sucked in to buying the time share through Bluegreen Vacations. Took the tour of Big Cedar and that's why we will be going back next year. :cheers2:
we didn't buy a timeshare. But we bought a one year sampler. We got 9000 points for $800. So we have till next June to decide if we want the timeshare. In the mean time we're going to Florida in March, Branson in May, and Arizona in June.... 10 nights for $800 in nice two bedroom accomodations.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Topic author
txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

allisji wrote:
txglock21 wrote:

we didn't buy a timeshare. But we bought a one year sampler. We got 9000 points for $800. So we have till next June to decide if we want the timeshare. In the mean time we're going to Florida in March, Branson in May, and Arizona in June.... 10 nights for $800 in nice two bedroom accomodations.
Ha,Ha, That's funny, we got the same one year sampler. I just didn't go into the details in my last post. That's the only kicker with the sampler, June, July and August are not included with the sampler for Branson. We talked about the Arizona spa because it's available all year. With 9000 points, we can do both also.

Return to “Other States”