California wants to secede!

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 3

Re: California wants to secede!

Post by Flightmare »

TreyHouston wrote:I talked to my "friend" who's in California. He told me that California's economy is in the top 10 of the world. He said that they could survive on their own and has the resources to do such. I was shocked and silent and simply said, OK!
By all means, lets help them accomplish their goal. I doubt that we'll have any protesters insisting they remain in the union.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

striker55
Posts in topic: 2

Post by striker55 »

If they secede they can take care of their illegal aliens.

lildave40
Posts in topic: 1

Post by lildave40 »

They are not going anywhere. As much as I dislike California they are stuck to the US Like Leeches.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

lildave40 wrote:They are not going anywhere. As much as I dislike California they are stuck to the US Like Leeches.
:iagree:

Once some intelligent people (I'm sure there are still a few there) put together a gain/loss tally sheet, it will quickly become obvious it's a bad idea.

Still, it's fun to think about an America with no Kalifornia. :lol:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Noggin

Post by Noggin »

Perhaps pray that the geological faults in that part of the continent will enable that separation even if the politics will not.
"I command ye therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place." - Oliver Cromwell 1653 :smilelol5:

greyjack

Post by greyjack »

TreyHouston wrote:I talked to my "friend" who's in California. He told me that California's economy is in the top 10 of the world. He said that they could survive on their own and has the resources to do such. I was shocked and silent and simply said, OK!
Since pipelines are bad, according to the Left, let's shut off that pipeline that carries stolen water to Los Angeles.

KLB

Post by KLB »

If California does secede, the rest of us will need access to the Pacific. We can take a corridor along the southern border to San Diego. Where would California get an army to do anything about it?

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Gee, if the big one does come and the part west of the San Andreas fault falls into the Pacific, that will leave a good portion of the Central valley (which is relatively conservative) and the mountains. Good bye LA, and SF Hmmmm
:hurry:
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Noggin

Post by Noggin »

AF-Odin wrote:Gee, if the big one does come and the part west of the San Andreas fault falls into the Pacific, that will leave a good portion of the Central valley (which is relatively conservative) and the mountains. Good bye LA, and SF Hmmmm
Exactly - anyone know how to trigger the fault?
"I command ye therefore, upon the peril of your lives, to depart immediately out of this place." - Oliver Cromwell 1653 :smilelol5:

gguess66

Post by gguess66 »

bye!

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

I wonder if we can sell California back to Mexico?

Just the attempt might start a war.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

darkmavis9

Post by darkmavis9 »

I'll start a change.org petition to help them out! :txflag:

bdgyeah

Post by bdgyeah »

If they leave the union, they may want back in at some point. Until then, I'm just gonna wait for the BIG ONE!

Topic author
treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

On a serious note, the secessionist cupcakes in California and Oregon have made me rethink my own views on separation from a less than perfect Union.

I remain a proponent of secession, but not until a long train of usurpations evinces the clear and present need to cast off Federal bonds. Secession, to me, properly plays the same role in society as the individual right to keep and bear arms.

Rational people are armed because decency is worth protecting. Beyond just stopping any particular murder, a society seeded with guns is hardened against anarchy and crime in general. Rights are cold comfort when met with criminal violence if those rights don't include arms.

We gun nuts also remain an ultimate check against a government run amuck. Like any aspect of firearms, considerable thoughtfulness and zen is required when contemplating that.

The right to keep and bear is not ours to be exercised to the detriment of decency. Law abiding gun bearers bolster law and order, opposing both thug and tyrant.

Secession is similar. It is not something to be contemplated to break democracy and the rule of justice. It should be a real and lasting threat to keep Federal action within Constitutional limits so we have no need to secede.

Those snowflakes in California and Oregon, stamping their feet and threatening to run away from home, want to break the Union for the wrong reasons.

The proper, decent reaction to Trump's election from a Hillary enthusiast is to swear consequences if the rule of the Constitution fails to hold like iron. The most ultimate of those consequences would be secession.

Secede? Let the Federal government fear the prospect to the point it dares not exceed the Constitution.

Hillary mourners should take heed. Do not dare allow the Constitution to bend. It's the only thing that will save us when the wrong people - like Obama or Hillary - attain high office.

If the Constitution were revitalized, the question of who holds office won't be quite the matter of survival that defined this last election.

That would be a good thing.

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

Noggin wrote:
AF-Odin wrote:Gee, if the big one does come and the part west of the San Andreas fault falls into the Pacific, that will leave a good portion of the Central valley (which is relatively conservative) and the mountains. Good bye LA, and SF Hmmmm
Exactly - anyone know how to trigger the fault?
Didn't Lex Tuthor try that? Superman took issue with it if I remember right...lol
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Return to “Other States”