Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

What happened in New Hampshire today?

Post by C-dub »

https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2017/02/0 ... hampshire/

Constitutional Carry Passes In New Hampshire

Really? New Hampshire? Really?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

TreyHouston

Re: What happened in New Hampshire today?

Post by TreyHouston »

Wow!!! I wish I lived in such a gun friendly state!!!!!!! :smash:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Liberty »

Interesting that this makes a 3 state block where on can constitutionally carry. But you can hardly get there from here because one has to drive through New York or Canada to get there.

The northern New England states have always been pretty much gun friendly.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

remington79
Posts in topic: 4

Post by remington79 »

It's the southern New England states that are strict. Vermont despite electing Sanders has always been gun friendly and I think the first state to have Constitutional Carry.
Sent to you from Galt's Gulch.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Liberty »

remington79 wrote:It's the southern New England states that are strict. Vermont despite electing Sanders has always been gun friendly and I think the first state to have Constitutional Carry.
Vermont has had constitutional Carry since before there was ever a Constitution.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

Good move.
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

OlBill

Post by OlBill »

New Hampshire has always had an independent streak.

remington79

Post by remington79 »

OlBill wrote:New Hampshire has always had an independent streak.
There is a group called the Free State Project that is encouraging libertarian minded people to move to NH. They are already getting people elected in the state legislature, a job that pays about $100 a year there.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

remington79 wrote:
OlBill wrote:New Hampshire has always had an independent streak.
There is a group called the Free State Project that is encouraging libertarian minded people to move to NH. They are already getting people elected in the state legislature, a job that pays about $100 a year there.
I haven't seen anything about the Free State Project in a few years. I thought it has faded out.

Chas.

remington79

Post by remington79 »

They're pretty active on Facebook. They hold a festival every summer called Porc Fest with a porcupine as the mascot. There is even a real estate agent associated with the movement and they have a moving guide. They also have a housing and a job page on Facebook.

On another note I had seen a similar movement but instead of New Hampshire the focus was on Wyoming. I forget the name of that movement. A little known fact is that Vermont is the only other state to be its own republic.

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

remington79 wrote:They're pretty active on Facebook. They hold a festival every summer called Porc Fest with a porcupine as the mascot. There is even a real estate agent associated with the movement and they have a moving guide. They also have a housing and a job page on Facebook.

On another note I had seen a similar movement but instead of New Hampshire the focus was on Wyoming. I forget the name of that movement. A little known fact is that Vermont is the only other state to be its own republic.
Not quite. California was the California Republic before it became a state. This is immortalized on their flag.
Also the state of Utah tried to be the Country of Deseret before the federal government sent troops in to quash their effort. :evil2:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

I just got back from VT. Folks tend to be very protective of the 2A. Even the socially liberal New England types. 2A is where they draw the line. And NH is "Live Free or Die" State, so good for them.

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

OldCurlyWolf wrote:
remington79 wrote:They're pretty active on Facebook. They hold a festival every summer called Porc Fest with a porcupine as the mascot. There is even a real estate agent associated with the movement and they have a moving guide. They also have a housing and a job page on Facebook.

Not quite. California was the California Republic before it became a state. This is immortalized on their flag.
Also the state of Utah tried to be the Country of Deseret before the federal government sent troops in to quash their effort. :evil2:
Um, er, just a note.

Texas was the only independent republic in the now CONUS that was ever recognized as a separate country. Just sayin'...especially since this is a Texas forum.

A good article on the subject is here: https://www.marshallnewsmessenger.com/n ... ics-first/.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

remington79

Post by remington79 »

It's official they are now a Constitutional Carry state. http://www.nhfc-ontarget.org/2017/02/ne ... gns-sb-12/

EastTexasRancher

Post by EastTexasRancher »

They don't have Dan Patrick?

Return to “Other States”