Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
chasfm11
Posts in topic: 1

Flordia Data Hack - concealed license info

Post by chasfm11 »

I searched but didn't find this topic so I'm adding it
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2017/05/ ... &or=btn_fb

It looks like a small percentage were exposed (16,000 vs more than 1,000,000) but it is a concern that the hack came from overseas.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

bblhd672

Re: Flordia Data Hack - concealed license info

Post by bblhd672 »

chasfm11 wrote:I searched but didn't find this topic so I'm adding it
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2017/05/ ... &or=btn_fb

It looks like a small percentage were exposed (16,000 vs more than 1,000,000) but it is a concern that the hack came from overseas.
The agency said the breach appears to have initiated outside the United States
Remember, it has been exposed that the US intelligence agencies have the ability to make attacks appear to be from someplace that are not.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

ScottDLS

Re: Flordia Data Hack - concealed license info

Post by ScottDLS »

Years ago, the Florida list was public and a number of data brokers and journalists obtained it. I know because I did a "Choicepoint" employment background check ON MYSELF, a number of years ago, and the data showed that I may have a Florida CWP. I don't anymore, but that list is out there now, along with the 16000 new ones that were hacked. For my privacy I use as many mechanisms as possible to see what's out there about me. I've found the Feds doing a credit check on me for my security clearance, my driving records (including civil issues) with a data broker, my voter registration, and Drivers License number. I don't have any criminal history and I run frequent checks to make sure that remains so, lest I get confused with another ScottDLS. :lol:

OPM has told me a bad actor (presumably the Chi-comms) have my most recent security background investigation and fingerprints. My health insurance records have quite a bit of info about me, though I take some steps to prevent them from having everything.

I assume anything I put in any e-mail or documents on my work computers are available to anyone with relatively little effort, certainly the government with a subpoena. My home computers less so. I keep them encrypted with commercially available software that I believe is secure, except perhaps from the FBI or NSA (though with significant effort).
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Return to “Other States”